Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Li-POs

Hi,

Any recommendation of Li-Po brand that does not bloat/puff. I have tried Hi-Model, DN-Power on my trex450, but puffed after about 5~10 cycles despite taking precautionary measures like setting up the low-voltage cutoff at 3.1V and not running it low (using Tx timer set at 7 mins assigned to throttle).

Does the Kong-Power lipos works as it claimed that their lipos can to down to as low as 2.1V.

Appreciate the recommendation.

how much are u willing to spend
    Helis
    Logo 500 3D

Once upon a time , there were frequency pins , flybars and nitros...

Comment

kong power is ok. i got 3 airthunders, which suppoedly come from the same oem manufacturer. they don't bloat. they survive crashes and banging. can go rce hobby buy the kong. my new dn bloated even before i started using it. u can save it for boats, at least the batt won't sink.

Comment

Originally posted by huasze
        kong power is ok. i got 3 airthunders, which suppoedly come from the same oem manufacturer. they don't bloat. they survive crashes and banging. can go rce hobby buy the kong. my new dn bloated even before i started using it. u can save it for boats, at least the batt won't sink.
        Helis
        Logo 500 3D

Once upon a time , there were frequency pins , flybars and nitros...

Comment

Good id, I shall keep those puffy ones for my future boating project.

For the DN-Power, I guessed the problem is inherent to the quality of the cell. In fact, I had them exchanged at JH once where Moh claimed the problem is related to some production batches. Guessed I cannot be cheapo over Lipos as in the long run, it is simply not economically viable to go for these lousy batts.

Will give Kong a try. Btw, where did you purchased the AirThunders ? I read in issue 19#RC Heli mag where the guys tested and abused the AirThunders by running it to almost out of juice, and the Lipos are still in good shape despite repeated abuses.

Comment

kong cells are rolled instead of stacked like TP, FP etc etc.. more resistant to bloating but it doesnt mean they can take repeated abuse..
            For sale

trex 700/ 12mm main shaft swash leveller. carbon type $22 only new

Comment

Working...
            X