Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hyperion Lipo (Bloated?)

Anyone have experience Hyperion lipo bloated?
    Does it have any warrenty?

Got a LiteStorm 2S 2100mah 20C. Got it fully charged on Sat night and went slope gliding on Sunday. Never get to use it as I got 6 lipo packs with me on that day. Open my TX box just now and found it bloated for no apparent reason...??? Both cell count is still at 4.11v and 4.10v when I checked.
    sigpic
    FASSTGot Quard?

faulty batch? try taking photo and emailing hyperion for warranty ..
    For sale

trex 700/ 12mm main shaft swash leveller. carbon type $22 only new

Comment

I've got PolyQuest 3700mAH 4S do the same thing on me !

...Ran the packs for 2 cycles, left the packs fully charged alone for 2 weeks as I was overseas ...the next time I saw them, they were bloated like Hextronix !

...I'm starting to think lipos dun like to be stored fully charged for more than a week !
      Seriously running out of ...Storage space !

Comment

Originally posted by Ghostfit
        I've got PolyQuest 3700mAH 4S do the same thing on me !

...Ran the packs for 2 cycles, left the packs fully charged alone for 2 weeks as I was overseas ...the next time I saw them, they were bloated like Hextronix !

...I'm starting to think lipos dun like to be stored fully charged for more than a week !
        Never keep lipo fully charge. That will shorten their lifespan. Storage charge should be 3.8~3.85V. If you noticed when u buy new lipo packs, the manufacturer also charge to approx this voltage.
        Radio
        JR 9XII with XPS

Comment

Originally posted by nexus05
          Never keep lipo fully charge. That will shorten their lifespan. Storage charge should be 3.8~3.85V. If you noticed when u buy new lipo packs, the manufacturer also charge to approx this voltage.
          Yup ! ...My normal practice is to fly/discharge the lipo to 80% capacity, go home and put it on the charger for storage capacity (3.8V per cell) until the next FF where I'll put it on the charger for balance charge to 100% the night before the FF.

What happen to those PQ was that I couldn't fly due to rain on that evening and the next morning I had to fly off to HK.

Comment

Originally posted by nexus05

how to charge to this ah 3.8v?? Sorry for the stupid question...
            sigpicGround is closer than it appear...

Comment

Originally posted by abner
              how to charge to this ah 3.8v?? Sorry for the stupid question...
              Imax B8 got 5 lipo operation mode:

1) Standard lipo charge - Normal charging mode
              2) Balance lipo charge - Charging mode with cell balancing function
              3) Fast lipo charge - Lipo charging mode in the fastest possible time
              4) Storage lipo charge - Charges/Discharge lipo till each cell reach 3.8V
              5) Standard lipo Discharge - Discharging mode at up to 5A

Comment

Cheapest way is to use a light bulb that can run up to 12.6V, use lipo to light up and deplete till 11.4V lor .... Use multimeter to measure.
                But before lighting up bulb make sure 3 cells are same voltage.
                Cheap and good hehehe

Comment

NB...was choosing between B8 and the Mega power Poseidon-860DS Balancer Charger. And I got myself the MEGA POWER POSEIDON. Wondering do they have this storage lipo charge/discharge....

Comment

NB...was choosing between B8 and the Mega power Poseidon-860DS Balancer Charger. And I got myself the MEGA POWER POSEIDON. Wondering do they have this storage lipo charge/discharge.... go back check.... sigh....

Comment

Originally posted by abner
                      NB...was choosing between B8 and the Mega power Poseidon-860DS Balancer Charger. And I got myself the MEGA POWER POSEIDON. Wondering do they have this storage lipo charge/discharge.... go back check.... sigh....

Comment

Working...
                      X