Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

charging lipo 3s

just want to make sure, let say i have 3s 1800mah. should i charge it at 1.8A
    or should i set my charger at 1.0A only?

thanks.
    Mini Titan E325
    Dualsky XController 40A
    Dualsky XMotor XM2834CH-8
    GY240

Charger & Tx
    Tahmazo T15-AC with T6B Balancer
    Hitec Optic 6 Electron(given to other user)
    No TX at the moment

Originally posted by novak

thanks.
    if u not in a hurry no need charge at 1C, you can just just slowly at 1.0A

There is no hard and fast rule to charge but make sure it's below 1C and also you won't wanna charge too low Ampere becuz it will take years to finish. 1.0A is safe.

I charge my 2200mAh at 1.2A and 1.5A

Comment

The lower Amp u charge yr battery, the better punch/flight time u have and also make the battery have a longer lifespand (Tested)..

Comment

Originally posted by mtyw8888
        The lower Amp u charge yr battery, the better punch/flight time u have and also make the battery have a longer lifespand (Tested)..
        How come different from NiCad and NiMh? I play EP cars and we go for high AMP Charge to get punch.

Comment

Originally posted by hoppie
          How come different from NiCad and NiMh? I play EP cars and we go for high AMP Charge to get punch.
          For that i do not knw. As i hear pple telling me , at first i dun really beileve, till i try it myself then i feel the diffs..

Comment

Originally posted by mtyw8888
            For that i do not knw. As i hear pple telling me , at first i dun really beileve, till i try it myself then i feel the diffs..
            Now you know why I got 3 T4LP charger. I can slow charge 6 2S lipo at 1 go.
            Quick charge will shorten the Lipo life span.
            sigpic
            FASSTGot Quard?

Comment

NiCad and NiMh battery chemistry is different from LiPo. The good Nicad/Nimh battery has low internal resistance and it can take high current discharge and charging. With high current charging, the cells are heated up for the chemistry to work more efficiently. This is why the market has lots of chargers designed to push the Nicad/nimh batt for punch.

Lipo on the otherhand, the internal resistance is pretty high and it cannot take high charge rate, by charging it at high current say 1C, the amt of charge going in may not be as much as charging it at low current. This is why Raven see performance increase by using low current charging. Lipo capacity are usually measured at 0.1c charge/discharge rate.

Comment

Originally posted by Raven
                Now you know why I got 3 T4LP charger. I can slow charge 6 2S lipo at 1 go.
                Quick charge will shorten the Lipo life span.
                What is your slowcharge rate?

Comment

1 question: Anyone do discharge on your lipo? because i always have some extra left inside but usually i just charge again and play, no discharge.

Comment

Originally posted by novak

thanks.
                    Charge with 1C (1.8A) is fine, no apparant benefits to charge at 1A unless you having problem charging the battery.

Comment

1 question: Anyone do discharge on your lipo? because i always have some extra left inside but usually i just charge again and play, no discharge.
                      Lipos do not need discharge and actually over-discharge will harm the battery.

Comment

thank you guys. i'll charge my lipo at 1.5A then. lower a bit.
                        Mini Titan E325
                        Dualsky XController 40A
                        Dualsky XMotor XM2834CH-8
                        GY240

Charger & Tx
                        Tahmazo T15-AC with T6B Balancer
                        Hitec Optic 6 Electron(given to other user)
                        No TX at the moment

Comment

Working...
                        X