Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions bout lipo, help please?

hiya folks,

i am trying to make a pack for r/c cars. it needs to be 2SsomethingP.

i was looking to use DN power's 1350mah packs because they are the correct size; to get the capacity i want, i was thinking of paralleling 4 packs. to get a 2S8P saddle pack.

the connections will be donw with bits of wire and proper connectors of cos.

but is it safe to charge it as a single pack of 2S8P? or is it more dangerous to charge it seperately and discharge it together?

do i need to balance up each and every cell in the pack?

ok, and how do i go about balancing a 2S8P pack?

please help!

thanks a bunch!

-alexander

p.s. i also posted on the sticky thread, oops.

after u use awhile, it won't be the correct size. dn has a tendency to balloon.
    for my monster trucks, i currently use loong-max lipos 3s 11.1v 2200mah 20c ones run in parallel. no complaints. the voltage is great

Comment

WOW you wanna run simi!!! 2S8P!!!!! Super long runtime ah!

Originally posted by foampervert
      hiya folks,

i am trying to make a pack for r/c cars. it needs to be 2SsomethingP.

i was looking to use DN power's 1350mah packs because they are the correct size; to get the capacity i want, i was thinking of paralleling 4 packs. to get a 2S8P saddle pack.

the connections will be donw with bits of wire and proper connectors of cos.

but is it safe to charge it as a single pack of 2S8P? or is it more dangerous to charge it seperately and discharge it together?

please help!

thanks a bunch!

-alexander

p.s. i also posted on the sticky thread, oops.

Comment

Originally posted by foampervert
        hiya folks,i was looking to use DN power's 1350mah packs because they are the correct size; to get the capacity i want, i was thinking of paralleling 4 packs. to get a 2S8P saddle pack.
        Don't think it's safe to charge 4 packs in parallel and it takes quite a while to charge 4 packs separately. And then you have to balance these packs seperately and make sure not just the cells are balance, the pack voltage has to be balanced as well.
        Why didn't you just follow huasze and use 2 2200mAH pack instead. Not much difference in capacity.

Comment

Working...
        X