Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where is Imax B8 designed and assembled?

Collapse

Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where is Imax B8 designed and assembled?

Can anyone tell me where is this IMAX B8 made in? The documentation is not very clear, the beginning says that input requires 11 - 18 v. Then the end of the instruction says that input requires 10 - 18 v.

The grammar is also not very good, I have to fill in some words or guess to make a meaningful sentence. Is this a Taiwan or China product?
    Scratch building is more than cutting balsa wood and gluing them. Its a complex process that will test even the most resilient of people

anything higher than 10v will be ok

as for pl of manufacture... i have no idea.. both places have a poor command of engrish....
    For sale

trex 700/ 12mm main shaft swash leveller. carbon type $22 only new

Comment

Originally posted by flybywire
      Can anyone tell me where is this IMAX B8 made in? The documentation is not very clear, the beginning says that input requires 11 - 18 v. Then the end of the instruction says that input requires 10 - 18 v.

The grammar is also not very good, I have to fill in some words or guess to make a meaningful sentence. Is this a Taiwan or China product? Then there is this Discharging function of the charger for NimH "
      Sets discharge current on the left and final voltage on the right. The pic shows left current is 3.0A and right 11.5A??? Catch no ball leh!! How come like that? ARrggggghhh......
      Scratch building is more than cutting balsa wood and gluing them. Its a complex process that will test even the most resilient of people

Comment

Who is using this IMAX B8? Please share share your experience. Thanks. How about the USB computer UI, how does it work?

Comment

You'll need the bantam EAC200 graphing software kit for the Bantam BC8 charger (Works with the B8) ...I think it's around S$25

If you want freeware, then you have to find your own USB cable and download Logview

Good luck ! ...hope your german is good !

Sets discharge current on the left and final voltage on the right. The pic shows left current is 3.0A and right 11.5A??? Catch no ball leh!! How come like that? ARrggggghhh......
          Bro, ...I think you really confused leow !

When you set discharge mode, 3.0A is the current, 11.5V is the voltage !
          ...meaning the B8 will discharge at 3A until the pack voltage reaches 11.5V before it cut off the discharge process.

I believe it's made by the same china facilities which makes the Bantam series chargers. ...they are NOT wrong ! ...the charger allows you to select the low input voltage cutoff from 10V to 11V !
          Seriously running out of ...Storage space !

Comment

The grammar is also not very good, I have to fill in some words or guess to make a meaningful sentence. Is this a Taiwan or China product?
            Its from China.

Comment

all these chargers are made in China. they have relatively the same design and size. they just change the name only.

e.g:
              IMAX B6 Balance Charger
              IMAX B8 Balance Charger
              IMAX B5 Li-Polymer Balance Charger
              ECHBC5 e-Station BC5 (BANTAM)
              X-POWER 601AD

button layout, socket layout, LCD position, etc, they all the same.
              Mini Titan E325
              Dualsky XController 40A
              Dualsky XMotor XM2834CH-8
              GY240

Charger & Tx
              Tahmazo T15-AC with T6B Balancer
              Hitec Optic 6 Electron(given to other user)
              No TX at the moment

Comment

Originally posted by novak
                all these chargers are made in China. they have relatively the same design and size. they just change the name only.

e.g:
                IMAX B6 Balance Charger
                IMAX B8 Balance Charger
                IMAX B5 Li-Polymer Balance Charger
                ECHBC5 e-Station BC5 (BANTAM)
                X-POWER 601AD

button layout, socket layout, LCD position, etc, they all the same.
                Bantam is designed and made in Korea

Comment

really?? sorry ah... then must be China who copy cat the BANTAM's
                  product.
                  Mini Titan E325
                  Dualsky XController 40A
                  Dualsky XMotor XM2834CH-8
                  GY240

Charger & Tx
                  Tahmazo T15-AC with T6B Balancer
                  Hitec Optic 6 Electron(given to other user)
                  No TX at the moment

Comment

Originally posted by novak
                    really?? sorry ah... then must be China who copy cat the BANTAM's
                    product.
                    I think that's being stereotyping...

China has got rather good designs if you ask me.

Comment

Originally posted by Ivan M
                      I think that's being stereotyping...

China has got rather good designs if you ask me.
                      I agree fully with you there !

...lets look at the 450 ep heli market ...notice how the Align fanboys will comment on any and every new 450 ep heli that comes out from China as a "trex clone" ? ...even the Mini Titan was labeled "Trex clone" on it's debut.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghostfit
                        I agree fully with you there !

...lets look at the 450 ep heli market ...notice how the Align fanboys will comment on any and every new 450 ep heli that comes out from China as a "trex clone" ? ...even the Mini Titan was labeled "Trex clone" on it's debut.
                        The best part - I heard some of them say the Trex clone flies better
                        Ok ok.. Let's face it...

We're not designing space rockets or stuff like that. Everybody does reference a little here and there, and then make improvements on it... You'll see design improvements, material enhancements, costing reductions.....

I ain't complaining - the consumers are the ones benefitting from all these!

Comment

LOL !

...I think the best one was from the Esky 500 thread ...somebody even hinted that that heli was a copy of the Trex 500 !

...and the Trex 500 isn't even out for pete's sake !

...it's like a boeing diehard saying the Airbus A380 copied the Boeing 777

...Okay, enough of the OT ...back to the Imax B8 ! ...Anyone here using this charger with a data logging software like LogView or the one from Bantam ?

Comment

Me using this charger with LogView v1.15
                            Align TREX 600 N Pro With Skookum 720
                            Align TREX 500 With TT GT5 FB
                            HK 600 GT With EC 145 Fuselage Flying On Turnigy VBar 600
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gilera180
                              Me using this charger with LogView v1.15
                              You understand german ?

...I tried the bantam logging program, ...it will log halfway and then the program will crash out. ...only way to have a complete log was to minimise the graphing window.

Comment

Working...
                              X