Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lipo Comparison

Hi guys, i am about to buy a whole bunch load of Lipo's, but i am seeking your personal opinions about these 2 packs.
    1. Thunder Power
    2. Polyquest

Which do you think is more reliable and better, Why?
    Thanks in advanced
    Polyquest
    20.00%
    Thunder Power
    80.00%
    Fleet:
    Fliton AJ Extra-330
    Fliton Edge-540 mini
    Fliton Extra-260 mini
    Precision Aerobatics Katana MD
    Precision Aerobatics Katana Mini
    MPX AcroMaster
    MPX Gemini
    MPX Funjet
    MPX Blizzard
    Alfa models ME190
    WildHare Edge540 25% 30cc DLE
    TWM 1/7 Scale P-47 Thunderbolt 26cc MVVS
    TWM midget mustang
    TWM P-51 Mustang
    TWM Aure EP

TT Mini Titan Scale Cobra
    TT Mini Titan METAL
    MSH Protos

TT Sparrowhawk DX

Futaba 14MZ 2.4GHz F.A.S.S.T.
    Spectrum DX3S 2.4GHz DSM Telemetry

wads ur usage going to be for ??
    e.g. wad type of flying?
    "Perfection is not attainable,but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence"

Comment

Originally posted by MerrillChia
      Hi guys, i am about to buy a whole bunch load of Lipo's, but i am seeking your personal opinions about these 2 packs.
      1. Thunder Power
      2. Polyquest

Which do you think is more reliable and better, Why?
      Thanks in advanced
      i am using the 400mah 7.4v 20C polyquest lipo( 2 of it ) . very good for its size !! would definitely recommend this if you fly very small planes and light weight batt and power is a must .. i've tried many others, china brands and even TP .. nothing beats polyquest .. at least for the 2 cell 400mah size batt.

Comment

i have both brands for my Trex 600 - this is my opinion only - the polyquest, being a 30C, gives more punch on the Trex and is takes pretty long to balance (well at least on my setup of Schulze charger with Flightpower V-balancer). It voltage is really strong at the 1st 3 mins of the flight but will have a sudden drop in headspeed (not that big, but you will notice it). When I put in on the balancer, it takes around 30 mins for the v-balancer to balance it.

As for Thunderpower, it's 25c, and the cells are more matched (meaning I hook them up to the balancer and all it takes is around 5 secs and that's it, all 6 cells are balanced). The power is not that strong compared to the Poly by just a small bit, BUT - it is more constant almost through out the flight. The headspeed may drop a little, but the voltage drop I believe, is very linear, you almost won't notice it. I think it's due to the cells being precisely matched.

Both of these packs have been well taken cared of, never discharged beyond 80% and always balanced before and while charging. Both are 6S packs.

Overall, I think both packs are really good, no matter which one you pick. If I had the money, I would only invest in 3 brands for Lipos, Flightpower, Thunderpower and Polyquest.

You did say that you are getting a whole bunch of lipos. Since they'll both perform well with the proper care, I suggest you buy the brand from the dealer that will give you really good customer service. In the end, if one of your packs get damaged for some reason, your dealer will be able to help you replace it or something.

Hope that helps
        « « « Hirobo R/F Freya Twister - 12FGh » » »

Comment

Working...
        X