Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lipo battery Used on Optic6 TX

Hi, anyone came across problem using Lipo batteries on a optic 6 transmitter.
    Gone thru these thread but still in doubt.Thanks
    LiPo batteries and Lithium Ion batteries for UAV, UAS, VTOL and robotics. Assembled in the USA.

SPEED IS NOTHING WITHOUT CONTROL

Yes, I am also interested in this question, but for the 9CHP. The NiCd battery that came with it is 9.6V, but the lipo being sold for the 9CHP is 11.1V. Will there be any problem? Will my 9CHP 'blow'??!!

Sorry thong, not hijacking your thread but I believe you share the same concern with your Optic 6, right?

Comment

Originally posted by traderghost
      Yes, I am also interested in this question, but for the 9CHP. The NiCd battery that came with it is 9.6V, but the lipo being sold for the 9CHP is 11.1V. Will there be any problem? Will my 9CHP 'blow'??!!

Sorry thong, not hijacking your thread but I believe you share the same concern with your Optic 6, right?
      i am using a 2500mah 3 cell lipo on my 9 CHP for many many months..
      no problems at all... if u kiasee , can use resister to step down the voltage.. go slim tower and ask round, they can help you

Comment

Originally posted by xrbeast
        i am using a 2500mah 3 cell lipo on my 9 CHP for many many months..
        no problems at all... if u kiasee , can use resister to step down the voltage.. go slim tower and ask round, they can help you
        Thanks xrbeast. "Many many months..", that's enough assurance

Comment

Originally posted by thong
          Hi, anyone came across problem using Lipo batteries on a optic 6 transmitter.
          Gone thru these thread but still in doubt.Thanks
          LiPo batteries and Lithium Ion batteries for UAV, UAS, VTOL and robotics. Assembled in the USA.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_59...tm.htm#6077529
          If you are ordering from o'seas, can "tom-pang"?

Comment

Originally posted by traderghost
            Thanks xrbeast. "Many many months..", that's enough assurance
            i even read in some forum that you can get a little more range due higher voltage from the 3 cell lipo..... dunnu how true but it sounded logical.. more power = more range

Comment

Do not think so cos there should be a voltage regulator in it... There are strict regulations on how much the Tx pwr shld emit.

Originally posted by xrbeast
              i even read in some forum that you can get a little more range due higher voltage from the 3 cell lipo..... dunnu how true but it sounded logical.. more power = more range

Comment

Tested on Optic 6 TX

hi all, i tested on my optic 6 tx after tested 12.5V on lipo battery fully charge.Loaded into my optic 6 TX, seems ok, working fine.Reading 11.7V for 20mins on.Anyone got problem using lipo ?
                SPEED IS NOTHING WITHOUT CONTROL

Comment

A normal NiCD TX batt is usually 8 cell. Those 1.2v NiCD cell usually peak at 1.6v at full charge. Which means 12.8v in the pack. So 3cell 11.1v lipo at full charge at 4.2v x 3 = 12.6v. Its perfectly alright... Not sure about Optic 6 but I have a 10c 2200mah 11.1v lipo pack in my 9CHP. Works fine

sigpic
                  FASSTGot Quard?

Comment

Working...
                  X