Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

newbie assistance: AC/DC power supply

Hi, I just got a DN lipo charger from one of the guys here, and it comes with clips to clip on to the positive and negative leads of a power supply.

However my home power supply outlet plug is for laptops.

1) what must I buy to make them compatible? Adaptor? Replace wire?

2) what is the rating that you bros recommend for the dc psu?
    12 V @ 2A? (the DN can only charge at 2A rate)

Thanks a lot!
    "Always fly with a responsible attitude. You may think that flying low over other people’s heads is proof of your piloting skill; others know better. The real expert does not need to prove himself in such childish ways..." - the Multiplex Build Manual

Hi sunstorm

i made the mistake of thinking my charger charge at 1.2A so i got 1.5A DC power supply.. big costly mistake. not enough juice to charge!!

Get like 5Amps or something. or better still get a used PC power supply (20bucks or less i think can get, i got mine free from friend) They have 12V and 5V rails and really simple to mod for DC RC charger use. 12V is for charging and 5V is useful for all sort of things like powering ur reciever to setup servo etc. my PSU gives 12Volts at 15 Amps. damn good for a freebie eh?

Click here to find out more

CHEERS!

450 PRO - Phoenixtech Scorpion 2221-8, Castle Creations Phoenix 35, Hitec HS65HB cyclic, Futaba 9650 tail, (hanger)

MA Furion 6 - Savox 5055 560KV, Castle Creations ICE 80HV, Turnigy 959MG cyclic, HK47110MG tail, Castle Creations BEC pro, BeastX

MA Fury55 - OS55HZ + Outrage EVO55 pipe, HS5625MG cyclic, Spartan + HK47110MG, Align 2 in 1, Align Governor.

Kasama - Savox 5065 550KV, Castle Creations Phoenix 85HV, HK47110MB tail, Hitec 7985MG cyclic, BeastX

Comment

oh by my experiments, Laptop DC adaptors work too. look for 12v - 15v range and at least 5 amps. i used a 16V, 5A for a while but i stopped cause too high voltage will probrably kill the charger on the long run!

Good luck!

450 PRO - Phoenixtech Scorpion 2221-8, Castle Creations Phoenix 35, Hitec HS65HB cyclic, Futaba 9650 tail, (hanger)

MA Furion 6 - Savox 5055 560KV, Castle Creations ICE 80HV, Turnigy 959MG cyclic, HK47110MG tail, Castle Creations BEC pro, BeastX

MA Fury55 - OS55HZ + Outrage EVO55 pipe, HS5625MG cyclic, Spartan + HK47110MG, Align 2 in 1, Align Governor.

Kasama - Savox 5065 550KV, Castle Creations Phoenix 85HV, HK47110MB tail, Hitec 7985MG cyclic, BeastX

Comment

Originally posted by Sunstorm
        Hi, I just got a DN lipo charger from one of the guys here, and it comes with clips to clip on to the positive and negative leads of a power supply.

However my home power supply outlet plug is for laptops.

1) what must I buy to make them compatible? Adaptor? Replace wire?

2) what is the rating that you bros recommend for the dc psu?
        12 V @ 2A? (the DN can only charge at 2A rate)

Thanks a lot!
        u can cut off the head on the power supply and solder the wires to the charger.. red to red of coz.. or u can also use some bullet connectors/deans instead

btw if u need to charge at 1C which is abt 2A, then u should get a power supply that can supply at least 3A
        For sale

trex 700/ 12mm main shaft swash leveller. carbon type $22 only new

Comment

if you still need our laptop power, then this may be a good alternative.

Its a Great day, lets fly, crawl, and fight.

XRB SR Lama
          Robotis Bioloid
          Robot Bear

<a href="http://asherong.sg">http://asherong.sg</a>

Comment

Working...
          X