Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newbie here - need advise (GWS charger works with other batteries?)

Collapse

Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie here - need advise (GWS charger works with other batteries?)

Hello all;

I recently bought a GWS 3s1p battery and the GWS 3 cell lipo charger, however, I realise that I made a mistake in buying the battery as it is too weak for my uses.

Now I would like to ask, must I get a new charger if I want to switch to another brand of batteries - e.g. Kong, Polyquest?

In addition I wish to buy a balancer.

Want to confirm the charging connection method -

Charger plug to Balancer which plugs to the balancer plug on the battery, right?
    "Always fly with a responsible attitude. You may think that flying low over other people’s heads is proof of your piloting skill; others know better. The real expert does not need to prove himself in such childish ways..." - the Multiplex Build Manual

charger will always work.. at most u have to change the connector to a more common dean connector.. i presume urs is not.

btw charger also have gd and bad ones.. some are miscalibrated to cut at >4.2V per cell(for 3s will be >12.6V per pack).. tat will overcharge and shorten batt life.. do a multimeter check on the pack voltage and individual cell if u can.. be careful not to short anything.. they get hot v fast and every ard them just melts away, even metal.

the prolux charger + balancer from RCE seems like a gd starting combo..

most balancers and batts use the standard balancing tabs.. except some angmoh(FP,TP) brand that uses smaller ones
    For sale

trex 700/ 12mm main shaft swash leveller. carbon type $22 only new

Comment

Working...
    X