Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Battery Reading

Was wondering, when i charge my 2s Lipo Batt with a balancer. The reading from my Mulitimeter shows 4.21 per Cell but sometimes 4.2 per cell...

If is 4.21 is it alright..meaning that is over chraging....?

Whats the reading u get when u guys use the mulitimeter to check the Voltage..

4.21 is acceptable
    For sale

trex 700/ 12mm main shaft swash leveller. carbon type $22 only new

Comment

Originally posted by johndyl
      4.21 is acceptable
      But whats the best range to maintain..? Is it true that Good Balancers/Charger will always maintain the Voltage at 4.2V per cell ?

Comment

So far have used ImaxB5 charger,DN Balancer Charger & Prolux charger ... They never give 4.2 after charge. Usually around 4.16V-4.19V, which is good enough. I rather it below 4.2V than above if you get what I mean.
        IMHO get a normal charger and use dean or jst connector to charge, but before that can use a balancer to balance the cells first.
        This is what I do :
        1. After using Lipo, let it cool down, then use mulitmeter to check each cell's voltage.
        2.If the cells are different by 0.03V and above, I'll use a balancer to level their voltage to at most 0.02V difference.
        3.Once cells are ensured to be balanced, I'll just plug into dean and charge.
        4.Once charged finished, I'll wait for a while then measure cells' voltages to ensure they are same.

Am very confident of my steps, as I have "unbloated" my lipos which were bloated before.

However,others may differ.

Comment

4 me i do balance charging... balance while charging lor..

for the imax, it is gd.. it finishes charging and balancing at the same time.. for separate setups like my triton and hyperion balancer... after it finishes charging, i'll leave it to balance a while more till the balancer stops.. this has also reduced or eliminated bloating.

I usually charging at 0.5a or sometimes even lesser depending on how much time i have left b4 next session and i have 3 charging setups
          For sale

Comment

Im actually using DN Balance CHarger.. They always give me a reading of 4.2 - 4.21 per cell...

And i dun understand why u must wait for the battery to cool down after flying so that i can use the muiltimeter to check...?

Comment

I usually charging at 0.5a or sometimes even lesser depending on how much time i have left b4 next session and i have 3 charging setups

Is it true that if u charge yr batt with 0.2a lowest rather then higher yr batt will give u better punch (POWER) as it is a slow charge....?

Comment

Originally posted by mtyw8888
                Im actually using DN Balance CHarger.. They always give me a reading of 4.2 - 4.21 per cell...

And i dun understand why u must wait for the battery to cool down after flying so that i can use the muiltimeter to check...?
                cool liao then charge wont harm the batt mah.. heat ur lipo's enemy..

as 4 chking, i believe chking while warm is ok.. u'll see the batt voltage under stress(well sorta)
                For sale

Comment

But john i wanna ask u regarding abt the battery of charging 0.5 as u mention will be faster then 0.2a right...BUt will it give u better power(Punch) as it means of charging at slow charge.?

Comment

Originally posted by mtyw8888
                    But john i wanna ask u regarding abt the battery of charging 0.5 as u mention will be faster then 0.2a right...BUt will it give u better power(Punch) as it means of charging at slow charge.?
                    hmm slow charge will probably make the batt fuller as it wont trigger the charger auto cut so easily.. and it should also prolong the lifespan of the batt.. as for better punch... hmm i dont think i noticed any diff btween charging at 2A and .5A or even .1A hehe
                    For sale

Comment

hmm slow charge will probably make the batt fuller as it wont trigger the charger auto cut so easily.. and it should also prolong the lifespan of the batt.. as for better punch... hmm i dont think i noticed any diff btween charging at 2A and .5A or even .1A hehe
                      yeah i also agree w you regarding abt prolong the batttery life for slow charge....

Comment

I'm using a DN Charger and a Imax B5. Set both at 2A for charging.

I noticed during the final trickle stages it can stay at 0.2A for 15-20min. So i guess the charger is smart enough to trickle charge and its not really necessary to start at 0.2A ?
                        Practice makes permanent. Perfect practice makes perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by protyne
                          I'm using a DN Charger and a Imax B5. Set both at 2A for charging.

I noticed during the final trickle stages it can stay at 0.2A for 15-20min. So i guess the charger is smart enough to trickle charge and its not really necessary to start at 0.2A ?
                          Bro can i ask.. How long do u charge yr 2s setting at 2a? if i set at 0.2a kind of long like say abt 2hrs +...

Comment

Working...
                          X