Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a123 batt

ok, need some reviews from you guys. wanna try it on my mini T end of this year and my e550 next year(heli stuffs).
    1) from what i've read, they are sufficient enough for just normal flying(eg less aggresive) but cant give enough power when doing 3d. give me some review please..

2) what about the flight time?

3) and are there any cons when using it like bloating(sounds weird but really need to know)

thanks in advance

not suitable for mini titan, and by next year lipo prices may fall so much that A123s may not be appealing anymore.

Comment

Not exactly true

Originally posted by genexis
      not suitable for mini titan, and by next year lipo prices may fall so much that A123s may not be appealing anymore.
      Not exactly true, you still have the safety issue with Lipo compare to A123.

Jonathan

Comment

for smaller heli like mini T, using mini T is not really efficient because of the power to weight ratio. a 4s pack gives 13.2V which weighs abt 280g gives a bit more power to the motor compared to a 3s Lipo which runs at 11.1V weighing 178g.
        this 100g in weight difference is quite big considering the a normal mini T weighs in ard <800g max. so the a123 config is going to be a gd 12.5% heavier.

for bigger helis like the trex600e, which weighs in ard 3kg, the inc in weight is not so significant. 10s Lipo weighs abt 600g and 11s a123 abt 770g but the 190g difference is only 6% of the heli's total weight.

a few things to note, the a123 are definitely suitable for 3d flying because 1.they have v high discharge rates(much much higher than lipo)
        2.they do not bloat
        3.u can do v fast charge on them.. 90% cap in 15mins or so
        4.long life, >500 cycles. u'll be v happy if ur lipo packs last more than 100 cycles

so u can see a123 is not only a cheap substitute. It is THE solution for big helis.
        For sale

trex 700/ 12mm main shaft swash leveller. carbon type $22 only new

Comment

oops should be 170g diff 4 the 600e... still sleepy.............
          For sale

trex 700/ 12mm main shaft swash leveller. carbon type $22 only new

Comment

Originally posted by johndyl
            oops should be 170g diff 4 the 600e... still sleepy.............
            haha...sleep liao ah??

btw,thanks for the great info john.. now my brain got light liao

Comment

another question

i got another question. how do you guys measure the amount of voltage for the batt? for eg, lipo batt got 7.4/11.1v, what about this batt? and the charge rate? for eg, lipo got 18C etc... how do you guys measure?

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by lampard
                i got another question. how do you guys measure the amount of voltage for the batt? for eg, lipo batt got 7.4/11.1v, what about this batt? and the charge rate? for eg, lipo got 18C etc... how do you guys measure?

thanks
                any idea guys?

Comment

Working...
                X