Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why ah?

One interesting question - Why do all HP shops still tell you that for the first charge (battery), you need to charge it for 8-10 hours? These are Lithium batteries we're using in phones these days, there is no memory effect in them..... right?

Is it just a practice from a decade ago?

edwin

PS just bought my new phone and cant wait to play with it lah...

Cover their own backside lah.

Comment

Show them what happens when the pump in reccommended current for 10hours non-stop
      Don't PCW

Beam E4
      Flybarless Trex 600N VBAR 4.0 | OS50 Hyper
      Trex 700 LE | YS91SR3C

Comment

actually the phone cuts off charging when it is batt is full, so even if charge for 8hrs it wont make it any "fuller"
        For sale

trex 700/ 12mm main shaft swash leveller. carbon type $22 only new

Comment

key question

my question really is... if I just take out my new phone now and charge it for 10 mins and then play with it... have I really shortened it's batt life?

Comment

Originally posted by elty19
            my question really is... if I just take out my new phone now and charge it for 10 mins and then play with it... have I really shortened it's batt life?

I dun think so lar, but if you play throw to ground with it, definitely
            Stop looking for a gyro in my plane, they are all in the head.

Comment

Originally posted by elty19
              One interesting question - Why do all HP shops still tell you that for the first charge (battery), you need to charge it for 8-10 hours? These are Lithium batteries we're using in phones these days, there is no memory effect in them..... right?

Is it just a practice from a decade ago?

edwin

PS just bought my new phone and cant wait to play with it lah...
              means break in the new batt? i think theres a practice of breaking battery by charging it fully 1st then discharge it..
              -Ehawk 2000 Pro
              -Mouton 1600 EV
              -AMD micro chili
              -HK Kinetic800
              -SF Learjet45

Comment

i think its just an old habbit ..... not like we need performance from these packs anyway .. as long they dont bloat they are fine by me
                Helis
                Logo 500 3D

Once upon a time , there were frequency pins , flybars and nitros...

Comment

Originally posted by Touch n Go
                  means break in the new batt? i think theres a practice of breaking battery by charging it fully 1st then discharge it..
                  Yes, you are right. When I bought my Lenovo notebook, the manual recommended fully charging the batt, then fully discharging it and then fully charging it again. It even recommend doing this for at least 3 cycles for the batt to reach it's full potential.

Comment

Working...
                  X