Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kong Power or ACE Power

Hi guys, I'm kinda stuck between these 2 brands of batts, Kong Power and ACE Power. Planning to get the 3S 2200Mah for my Mini-T.

Kong Power: Read some really good reviews from the net, durability remains unknown, anybody tried it yet?

ACE Power: ??? Never read any reviews

Any expert advice from experts out there.

Thanks a mill
    [SIZE=1][B]Back to hovering!!![/B][/SIZE]

both quite heavy imo
    For sale

trex 700/ 12mm main shaft swash leveller. carbon type $22 only new

Comment

Yup, heard that they are on the heavy side. Not thinking of getting good batts becos I'm still learning directional hovering and a bit of figure flying. Any advice, how about HXT Lipos? They are cheaper by a great deal

Comment

u can try.. i am thinking of getting some myself ;) check out the thread on the HXT batteries, reviews are not too bad and with 12 months warranty, it should be quite safe
        For sale

Comment

I have 2 ACE Lipo.. So far so good, and power delivery is consistent, no bloating yet after about 30 flights, and am using it on my Mini-T with stock ESC and motor, and I'm getting about 8 min of powered flight, where the motor will start to sound weak after 9 minutes.

Weight is not a big issue here, as I too am learning directional flights, like high speed figure 8 etc.... hence, I thought I'll just ignore any CG issues for training purpose..

But don't expect 'X'Treme!!" Power from these batts..

Comment

I'm also considering Ace.

I had two TP 2200mah bat, one dead and right now one is dying; taking hours to get it charge and balanced. So wat if it is thunderpower brand? These batteries abt 7 mths old and roughly 80-90 cycles. Well, nothing last and everything deteriorates with the passage of time.

Heh heh, the best is to get DN batteries cos everytime bloat can exchange a new one. It's almost like life time warranty.
            In politics, there are no permanent friends or enemies only permanent interest - Lord Palmerston

Comment

At $78 currently, I'm trying out the Kong Power. Did one fight on my Mini T which gave me about 8 mins on high idle up RPM.

Still have to do more flights before I know if it bloats or not. The good thing is that RCE promised a exchange if it bloats. There is a 3 month warranty I think.
              On Duty

DJI Phantom 2 with GoPro
              Dynam Hawker Tempest
              Alfa F4U Corsair

Comment

Originally posted by flameangel

Heh heh, the best is to get DN batteries cos everytime bloat can exchange a new one. It's almost like life time warranty.

hey hi,

how do u noe when does the warrenty end for these DN packs? my 20C one seems to start to bloat alittle. maybe a bad batch lyk those stated in runryder and helifreak.

Btw, U mean u can exchange it at Jethobby?

Comment

Originally posted by ChRiS
                  hey hi,

how do u noe when does the warrenty end for these DN packs? my 20C one seems to start to bloat alittle. maybe a bad batch lyk those stated in runryder and helifreak.

Btw, U mean u can exchange it at Jethobby?
                  those bought from ammo highly likely to be exchangeable because of his excellent service... elsewhere not too sure... but it also have to depend how long u have been using them and the num of cycles...
                  For sale

Comment

Originally posted by aerobird
                    At $78 currently, I'm trying out the Kong Power. Did one fight on my Mini T which gave me about 8 mins on high idle up RPM.

Still have to do more flights before I know if it bloats or not. The good thing is that RCE promised a exchange if it bloats. There is a 3 month warranty I think.
                    Thanks bro, do keep us updated on the batts yah

Comment

I am currently using both Ace and KONG power. batts havee been thru abt 15-20 cycles on my MT. I m running a PXL460( known for its high amp draw , I think) and HW30A. I get abt sli over 5mins of consistent power before motor shows signs of 'weakness'. Both batts are fine. No bloating. warm to touch post flight. Only difference I notice is that ACE gets 'weak' earlier than my KONG.Started using both batts at the same time. Now I limit my flights to 4mins only. Hope to use them for long looong time!!!
                      Fly Hard! Fly Safe!

Comment

hmm any more opinions on this kong VS ace debate?

a friend tested both on his TT and the 25C on the kong seems not to make any real diff.. in fact the more well used TT seems more powerful..
                        For sale

Comment

PXL460 you using on Mini-Titan? Hows the motor going? Is it super hot after 4 min of flight? What pinion you using for motor??

Sorry ah OT cause I need to find out something. I have MT and I also have PXL460!

Comment

Originally posted by HotDogBun
                            PXL460 you using on Mini-Titan? Hows the motor going? Is it super hot after 4 min of flight? What pinion you using for motor??

Sorry ah OT cause I need to find out something. I have MT and I also have PXL460!
                            imk was using the pxl on his MT.. consumption was bad..
                            For sale

Comment

Originally posted by johndyl
                              hmm any more opinions on this kong VS ace debate?

a friend tested both on his TT and the 25C on the kong seems not to make any real diff.. in fact the more well used TT seems more powerful..
                              oops i meant tested both batts on a trex with scorpion motor
                              For sale

Comment

Working...
                              X