• Show
Clear All

ICE Charger Discharge function

When i set the charger to "discharge" mode and set it to 10amp
    i can only get it to 7.42amps...

any idea why?
    f

Any idea what you are discharging ?

I can get 10A discharge on my ICE when I need to dump my 6cells IB4200 NiMh packs (who discharges NiMh at anything less than 30A anyway) but the lipo discharge mode only allows a 2C discharge rate ....i.e: cannot set higher than 4.4A when discharging a 2200 Mah lipo pack.
    Seriously running out of ...Storage space !

Comment

you can only get 7.42 amps cos your battery can only put out that amount at that point in time. if you discharge a pack that was just charged, 10 amps shouldn't be a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by huasze
        you can only get 7.42 amps cos your battery can only put out that amount at that point in time. if you discharge a pack that was just charged, 10 amps shouldn't be a problem.
        Thanks..that makes sense... maybe my packs are old and not pushing that many amps
        f

Comment

Originally posted by Ghostfit
          Any idea what you are discharging ?

I can get 10A discharge on my ICE when I need to dump my 6cells IB4200 NiMh packs (who discharges NiMh at anything less than 30A anyway) but the lipo discharge mode only allows a 2C discharge rate ....i.e: cannot set higher than 4.4A when discharging a 2200 Mah lipo pack.
          its a 3300nimh 6cell side by side
          f

Comment

Originally posted by dirtdynamics
            its a 3300nimh 6cell side by side
            Okay ...You should be able to get 10A unless the pack is totally discharged

Could you have selected the "Auto" discharge setting instead of the "Normal" discharge setting ? .....Auto setting gives weird results and I never use it.
            Seriously running out of ...Storage space !

Comment

Working...
            X