Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charging 2pc of 3s with T15??

I was told that it is possible to charge 2 pcs of 3s battery using a Y-cable from Jet Hobby and pumping the amp to 4400 and it will charge 2 batteries in one hour.

Is it true? if yes, what which cable to get?

T Pulg for parallel connection or T Pulg for Series connection ?

In politics, there are no permanent friends or enemies only permanent interest - Lord Palmerston

Forgot to mention that T15 refers to Tahmazo T15 (max 5a with bulit in AC/DC)
    In politics, there are no permanent friends or enemies only permanent interest - Lord Palmerston

Comment

Pls don't try to do that unless you able to use the balancer charger that balance both packs at the same time. Cos when you charge on both batterys and what if one of the pack voltage is higher than the another pack? The higher pack will keep charging till the another packs is full. So you might cos one of the battery to caught fire due to overcharging. Be beware of LIPO when come to charging.

Correct me if I am wrong. Thanks!

Comment

bro can ur t15 charge 6s? if it can, u should get the series connector

set t15 to 6s.. amp still 1c.. connect balancer, then batts in series

ur balancer should see it as 6s and bal all the individual cells
        For sale

trex 700/ 12mm main shaft swash leveller. carbon type $22 only new

Comment

T15 can only do 1-5s.

I would advice against charging lipo packs in parrellel, too risky for that little bit of time saved.

sigpic

Comment

T15 max is 5 cells only. I was suprised when my friend told me he is charging parallel at 4400mah for 2 pcs of TP 2250mah in parallel. I was like stunned! Never mind, he also told me some of his friends in the field also doing that!! I think i'll play safe after all the advice here to just charge one 3s at one time.

What about charging 2 pcs of 2s (7.4V 1300mah battery) with a parallel y connector and setting the charger to charge at 2600mah and 14.4v? WOuld this arrangement be okie since the T15 can charge 4 cells. If this arrangement is okay, what shld be the voltage setup at the charger? 7.4v or 14.8v for parallel charging of 2 2s cells?

Comment

Originally posted by flameangel
              T15 max is 5 cells only. I was suprised when my friend told me he is charging parallel at 4400mah for 2 pcs of TP 2250mah in parallel. I was like stunned! Never mind, he also told me some of his friends in the field also doing that!! I think i'll play safe after all the advice here to just charge one 3s at one time.

What about charging 2 pcs of 2s (7.4V 1300mah battery) with a parallel y connector and setting the charger to charge at 2600mah and 14.4v? WOuld this arrangement be okie since the T15 can charge 4 cells. If this arrangement is okay, what shld be the voltage setup at the charger? 7.4v or 14.8v for parallel charging of 2 2s cells?
              think u can connect in series not //. and keep the current constant at 1c, dont double ur current but use 4s voltage.

as long as u connect through balance it should be safe.... but if 1 pack fail, it can cause the other to fail also.. make sure both packs are ok in normal charging first

bro the safer way is to get another charger... told u b4 mah.. get a few cheaper chargers(prolux) is better than getting 1 ex one :P
              For sale

Comment

Bro.. Parallel charging is dangerous if you have some bad cells, as mention to you guys before. one of my Lipo actually bloated like a balloon, and lucky that I discover that when I wake up middle of the night, otherwise, it would have exploded.. I then ask myself.. "Thought charger should have overcharge protection" if have, then how come my lipo ended up looking like a ball at night?

Comment

Thanks for all your advice. I will forget abt parallel charging and will just charge one at a time for safety sake.

Comment

Thanks for all your advice. I will forget abt parallel charging and will just charge one at a time for safety sake.
                    For sale

Comment

Johndyl,

Is your trex up liao? come and join us soon at mscp!!

Comment

haha tail servo casing is out.. and hs81 doesnt work well with my lg2100t.. waiting for tuc's 3154 casing :P
                        For sale

Comment

Question guys....So i can do series charge of 2 x 3s if my charger can charge 1-10cells? Something like the Hyperione EOi12? Just needs 2 balancer right?

Tks
                          Practice makes permanent. Perfect practice makes perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by protyne
                            Question guys....So i can do series charge of 2 x 3s if my charger can charge 1-10cells? Something like the Hyperione EOi12? Just needs 2 balancer right?

Tks
                            should be technically ok. u need 1 balancer only if it can do 6s. just connect the batts in series(may need a splitter head for batt to balancer input).

but as mentioned b4.. if 1 batt is failing and cannot hit the 12.6v for 3s, the charger may try to overcharge the other pack.. will be good if ur balancer has cutoff and other safety features, but that doesnt mean can be complacent.. still need to check batts in good condition and try not to leave it unattended etc etc....
                            For sale

Comment

What if you use two balancers (T6B ) one for each li-po and charge in parallel . Get y-cable, plug banana plug of the T6B to charger and li-po connect to the balance tab ?

On the manual for T6B, it says - " When the battery pack is fully charged, the balancer will automatically switch to the Disconnection Mode".
                              JR9X II,T-rex 450XL CDE

Comment

Working...
                              X