Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need Help - CHARGING/ BALANCING DN POWER BATTERIES USING APACHE CHARGER/ BALANCER

Collapse

Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Help - CHARGING/ BALANCING DN POWER BATTERIES USING APACHE CHARGER/ BALANCER

Hi everyone.
    I have a new DN Power 2S battery with 3 wire balancer tab (2 red, 1 black) but have apache charger n balancer with polyquest/ etec connector.

I have bought the adapter connector to fit the DN balancer tab and another 5 pin adapter to fit my apache balancer.

I'm about to solder the wires but I am confused now as I read in the internet that dn batteries need to reverse polarity of the wires.

Please help. I do not want to smoke my new battery.

Originally posted by rba
    Hi everyone.
    I have a new DN Power 2S battery with 3 wire balancer tab (2 red, 1 black) but have apache charger n balancer with polyquest/ etec connector.

I have bought the adapter connector to fit the DN balancer tab and another 5 pin adapter to fit my apache balancer.

I'm about to solder the wires but I am confused now as I read in the internet that dn batteries need to reverse polarity of the wires.

Check the colour of the wire. Red is the top cell positive terminal. The nxt wire will be the negative terminal of the top cell (together with the positive terminal of the lower cell) the next wire will be the negative (or ground) terminal of the lower cell.
    Modded Esavage + 4S lipo + KB45 2300KV + HW150A
    Brushless Esky Lama with dual swash
    Esky Dauphin
    Walkera Lama 2
    Walkera 5G6
    Sparrowhawk XB + 2S lipo + 60A brushless esc + 6000kv motor.
    Brushless Mini LST + single servo mod
    Brushless Micro-T

Comment

Originally posted by rba
      Hi everyone.

I suppose that what you meant by "I'm about to solder the wires" is soldering your power connector(i.e. Dean Connectors) to the battery. No worries, just solder as per what is the same as per the rest of the batt. +ve polarity to +ve while -ve to -ve. As the power connector only have +ve and -ve.

As shown in the attachment. Is the diff between the balancer tab for the 2S DN batt and the 2S PolyQuest Batt. If you want to use the balancer tab to charge, there is a few options that I can recommend.
      1. swap the left and right pins on your DN batt's balancer tab leave the centre pin alone. Careful not to short the two pins together
      2. Get another adapter "(female)DN balancer tab to (male)PolyQuest balancer tab" Jethobby got sell but you have to ask them to swap the wires for you. This is the safest way.

Comment

Little Giant and Fn5s, thank you for the replies. I've attached the pics. below. Can I just solder them as laid out in the pics?

Comment

Originally posted by rba
          Little Giant and Fn5s, thank you for the replies. I've attached the pics. below. Can I just solder them as laid out in the pics?
          NOOO!!!! U will kill your battery.
          Esky Dauphin
          Walkera Lama 2
          Walkera 5G6
          Brushless Micro-T

Comment

Originally posted by rba

Do u have a digital multimeter? Your connection is totally wrong. I would suggest u to use the dmm to check the polarity of the terminals of both battery and charger. Remember your battery is only 2 cells but u r connecting one of your 2 cells to a 2 cell output as shown in the picture and I believe it is in reversed polarity too. I m studying my exam now. Will reply u tomorrow with illustrations.
            Esky Dauphin
            Walkera Lama 2
            Walkera 5G6
            Brushless Micro-T

Comment

You can't do the soldering as per your layout. Use this instead (see attached). Reason is DN batteries balancer polarity connector pins is reversed compare with the Align batteries as shown in the previous attachment.

Comment

Originally posted by Fn5s
                You can't do the soldering as per your layout. Use this instead (see attached). Reason is DN batteries balancer polarity connector pins is reversed compare with the Align batteries as shown in the previous attachment.
                I think the colour will confuse him liddat.
                Esky Dauphin
                Walkera Lama 2
                Walkera 5G6
                Brushless Micro-T

Comment

Phew....luckily i ask.........prior to this i use crocs clips and attached the bat to the balancer as per my layout to see whether the led on the balancer will show thta its a 2 cello got short circuit the bat .although no

Fn5s, looking at your illustration, it is almost similar to my layout without the wire criss crossing. The black wire from the DN tab battery (black,red, red) will feed to the DN balancer tab with red wire which in turn will be soldered to the No. 1 pin of the charger tab. The middle red wire of the battery will feed to the balancer tab with black wire which will be soldered to Pin 2. The outer red wire from the DN tab battery will feed to the balancer tab with black wire which in turn will be soldered to the No. 5 pin of the etec balancer tab. Hope u understand my lingo....mechanical/ marine guy talking electrical........
                  Fn5s, can comment? Thanks for the replies.

Newbie here....Dunno why they create batteries like this?

Little Giant, study for your exam....can reply after your exam. No hurry....

Comment

1. The black wire from the battery will feed to the female balancer tab (red wire) which in turn will be soldered to the No. 5 pin of the Etec/PolyQuest Male balancer charger tab (black wire)

2. The middle red wire of the battery will feed to the female balancer tab (black wire) which will be soldered to Pin 2 of the Etec/PolyQuest Male balancer charger tab (black wire)

3. The outer red wire from the battery will feed to the female balancer tab (black wire) which in turn will be soldered to the No. 1 pin of the Etec/PolyQuest Male balancer charger tab (red wire)

Comment

Hi, please refer to the attached pictures for wiring.

Esky Dauphin
                      Walkera Lama 2
                      Walkera 5G6
                      Brushless Micro-T

Comment

Basically the same as Fn5s's wiring. I put up the diagram so that you can understand the connections better. A picture tells a thousand words.
                        Esky Dauphin
                        Walkera Lama 2
                        Walkera 5G6
                        Brushless Micro-T

Comment

Fn5s and Little Giant,

You guys have been a great help .

Will do the soldering this weekend.

rba

Comment

Working...
                          X