Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wat are the known n good 2port li-po chargers?

Collapse

Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wat are the known n good 2port li-po chargers?

I only know of 2 so far..

Hobbico Elite - 2 ports, but limited to 2A combined current
    Schulze but 2nd port is limited to 0.5a and 3s

Anymore?

Maybe best way is to buy 2 tritons?

Value for money is Schulze 6-330d, charge up to 10 lipos on one output, max 5.5 amps and output 2 2 lipos 0.5 amps.

Another good lipo charger is Astro 109. But it would not charge that many lipos in series. Only one output. And lipo only charger.

Comment

yeah, heard the astro is the BEST lipo charger in the world..
      But too bad it's lipo only charger and sells for like $260!!

Yeah, i know the schulze is very good..
      But the 2nd port really sucks.. 1-3s lipo and 0.55A only..

hobicco is really good, but max 2A output either way..

so the best? buy 2 tritons.. :P or buy 1 triton and 1 prolux.. haha..

Comment

Originally posted by PhiBeR
        yeah, heard the astro is the BEST lipo charger in the world..
        But too bad it's lipo only charger and sells for like $260!!

Yeah, i know the schulze is very good..
        But the 2nd port really sucks.. 1-3s lipo and 0.55A only..

hobicco is really good, but max 2A output either way..

so the best? buy 2 tritons.. :P or buy 1 triton and 1 prolux.. haha..
        Both triton and prolux don't charge the lipo full.

Comment

Izzit?

I dunno leh.. juz tested my prolux..
          it charges my 3s to 12.55v..
          so i think it's ood enough..

I thought they fixed the lipo problem with the triton?

Comment

Izzit?

I dunno leh.. juz tested my prolux..
            it charges my 3s to 12.55v..
            so i think it's ood enough..

I thought they fixed the lipo problem with the triton?
            Check the cell voltage 5 min after charging, I managed to pump in 55mah on a 1200mah pack with a Schulze after a triton had fully charged it. About 5 % more.

The triton charger is bought by a wide spectrum of modellers, their settings for the charger is conservative.

Comment

Hmmm... manage to pump in more amp inside? Is it they overvoltage it? For what I know... in Li-Poly, when full charge (12.6V for 3Cell), the current conductivity has drop to close to 0. If u left Full charge Li-Poly for some time.. the voltage will drop to less than 12.6V. That is why u still can pump a bit more.

Super-Hornet

Comment

Originally posted by X34
                Check the cell voltage 5 min after charging, I managed to pump in 55mah on a 1200mah pack with a Schulze after a triton had fully charged it. About 5 % more.

The triton charger is bought by a wide spectrum of modellers, their settings for the charger is conservative.
                It is known that Triton dun full charge a lipo with about 100mah
                of capacity left on the pack.. as a safety measure or maybe s/w
                incapability?
                But this is actually a good thing as it will prolong the lipo..

It is also known the a schulze will pump every last bit of mah into
                the lipo until it's full, good to give u a few secs of flight but quite
                pointless..

Read this somewhere on RCG..

Comment

Originally posted by Super-Hornet
                  Hmmm... manage to pump in more amp inside? Is it they overvoltage it? For what I know... in Li-Poly, when full charge (12.6V for 3Cell), the current conductivity has drop to close to 0. If u left Full charge Li-Poly for some time.. the voltage will drop to less than 12.6V. That is why u still can pump a bit more.

Super-Hornet
                  Lipo self discharge rate is about 2% a month, if the cells were fully charged the volatge wouldn't drop for a couple of days. The Triton charger doesn't charge to 100%, that is why I can pump in somemore with a Schulze.

Comment

It is known that Triton dun full charge a lipo with about 100mah
                    of capacity left on the pack.. as a safety measure or maybe s/w
                    incapability?
                    But this is actually a good thing as it will prolong the lipo..

It is also known the a schulze will pump every last bit of mah into
                    the lipo until it's full, good to give u a few secs of flight but quite
                    pointless..

Read this somewhere on RCG..
                    The less than full charge might "prolong" the cells life, but it depends on the state of imbalance the pack is in. If the pack has an imbalance voltage of say 0.3v, the pack can be damaged by any charger.

For E Helis, the packs are more stressed, is likely to go off balance quickly.

Argument of charging batt to full, less full has being around since battery was invented. I will leave this alone. Most charger manufacturer don't state this info for the consumer to make a choice.

Comment

Working...
                    X