Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Batts for E-Sky Honey Bee

Hi I just came to own the E-Sky Honey bee recently.... The batt pack that is provided in the retail box is EK1-0100.

Like to know what is the normal flight time I can get out of this batt pack?
    Specs of batt: 8.4V, 650mAh, Ni-MH
    Charging time: I stop charging when the batt become HOT.

I am now only able to get around 10mins of flight time from the batts. If this flight time is not normal, can recommend a higher capacity batt for longer flight time?

Thanks.

10-15min flight is normal..

the best way to prolong ur flight is to go lipo..
    dump dat nimh batt
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by intrance
      10-15min flight is normal..

the best way to prolong ur flight is to go lipo..
      dump dat nimh batt

How much is the Lipo? Need modifications to the batt holder? Flight time using Lipo?

Comment

Tp1320-2s

Originally posted by unnamed79
        How much is the Lipo? Need modifications to the batt holder? Flight time using Lipo?
        hi,go to
        POWER NOT ENOUGH

Comment

hi bro.. all u need is a 2 cell lipo. u can use a 3 cell (11 volts) but u might risk burning out your motor earlier

anyway i feel the lipo is way too light for a FP.. it makes the headspeed slow and difficult to handle outdoors due to less weight, and also lower voltage. (2s lipo full charge is ard 8.3v while 7s nimh is ard 9.3v)

stick to nimh if you're just starting out. it's safe and cheap power source. i freak out everytime i charge my lipo!

Comment

Originally posted by detach8
            hi bro.. all u need is a 2 cell lipo. u can use a 3 cell (11 volts) but u might risk burning out your motor earlier

anyway i feel the lipo is way too light for a FP.. it makes the headspeed slow and difficult to handle outdoors due to less weight, and also lower voltage. (2s lipo full charge is ard 8.3v while 7s nimh is ard 9.3v)

stick to nimh if you're just starting out. it's safe and cheap power source. i freak out everytime i charge my lipo!

Any recommendations for some nimh batt packs with charger? Price wise? Place to buy?

Comment

Hi there....

Another qn on my Nimh batts.

Charger output rated at 12V 300mA.
              Batts are a 7 cells arranged in parallel and rated 8.4V 650mAh.

Can someone show me how to calculate the charging time ?

Comment

charging time = battery mah / charger mah = 650mah / 300mah = approx 2.5 hours

Comment

Originally posted by unnamed79
                  Hi there....

Another qn on my Nimh batts.

Charger output rated at 12V 300mA.
                  Batts are a 7 cells arranged in parallel and rated 8.4V 650mAh.

Can someone show me how to calculate the charging time ?
                  Errrr....., not in parallel. It should be arrange in series.

In series, 7 cells x 1.2v percell = 8.4v. Each cell is 650mAH Ni-MH. So it become 8.4v 650mAH Ni-MH battery pack.

Anyone DIY Ni-MH 8.4v 1000mAH battery pack from 1000mAH Ni-MH AAA? Is it heavier than Ni-MH 8.4v 650mAH battery pack? I believe the size remain the same.

Regards,
                  Arto.
                  Dynam Hughes 300 fp with stock blades and GWS DD tail upgrade...
                  TX: 72.830MHz, mode 2.

Can hover already, now learning orientation...

Comment

Where to buy lipo ? Any shops to recommend?

Comment

alot of place is selling the li-po just only you need to see which kind of brand and spec you wan at diff place.
                      I fly, then I crash, I fix, then I fly, then I crash, I fix, then the wife ask me to leave.....

Comment

Originally posted by yoshihiro
                        alot of place is selling the li-po just only you need to see which kind of brand and spec you wan at diff place.

You heard of 3E Model? Anywhere I can get on Sunday? Rotor dont open on Sunday leh

Comment

yup.. rotor carrys 3e model lipos. they are pretty good lipos actually for the price...

Comment

only rotor got 3E.. sunday they don open.. got to get it weekdays... 3E is good, and cheap, alot of my fr get it, you get a 1200mah wif 10C, it will last you around 15min or more flight time....
                            I fly, then I crash, I fix, then I fly, then I crash, I fix, then the wife ask me to leave.....

Comment

Working...
                            X