Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone has experience with X-POWER 601AD?

Collapse

Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyone has experience with X-POWER 601AD?

Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone has experience with this charger?

X-POWER 601AD

Microprocessor controlled high-performance rapid charger/discharger for NiCd/NiMH/Li-polymer/ Pb batteries USB communicated analysis,temperature sensor and separate voltage detector.
    Charge current up to 5A, discharge current up to 2A, 5 battery memoried.1~5 series Li-ion/pol,1~14 cells NiCd/NiMh, 6 and 12V lead-acid(Pb)

And what is a good charger to begin with in this hobby?

Thanks alot!!

Guess not much or no one tried this charger.

The great plane triton is one of the popular choice. Lately a lot of ppl go with tamazho. RCwarbird carry the pocket lader also pretty well like.

I personally using the orbit pocket lader.... great charger

Cheers

Mike

Comment

The specs are pretty standard for an intermediate charger, not bad

Comment

Hey thanks alot for your input Bros HZm and ammo

I'm quite attracted to it because it has temperature probe sensing which monitors the temperature of the batteries, something which I havent really seen in other chargers around?

Do you guys think it makes a significant difference? That's worth the price of $149?

Thanks again!

Comment

There are more details here;

Discuss anything about RC electronics - Tx, Rx, Servo, ESC, BEC, FBL, NAV, Wire, Connector, Camera etc.

It's able to connect via USB and charging graph can be plotted at real time.....
          Chai

Lets' moveon.......

Comment

i'm using this charger and i connect it to v-balance from flightpower... but when i try to charge my 3s1p it says 'EXT. BALANCER NOT DETECTED" anyone has got any idea???

Comment

hi again.. i tried to connect again but this time, its say 'CONNECTION BREAK' i've connected all correctly and followed the instruction closely.. anyone can help?

Comment

Maybe right..

Hi

though I did not end up buying this charger but from my research on it and from what I learnt about it from the shop owner, it seems there is a dedicated balancer for this charger and only with that can you use the auto-balancing function that is inherent of the charger. Using other balancers with it will nto allow you to use that function and so maybe that's y u r getting the error msgs but maybe the balancer can still work?

Comment

yes the balancer can still work.. i think maybe for now i'll just use the charger to charge my cells and the balancer to balance up my cells.. what i dun get it is this is a charge through balancer system which mean that as i charge my cells, i can balance them at the same time.. just not sure why the error msgs..

Comment

Originally posted by jhlee
                    i'm using this charger and i connect it to v-balance from flightpower... but when i try to charge my 3s1p it says 'EXT. BALANCER NOT DETECTED" anyone has got any idea???
                    That was because you were using balance charging with the charger. To use that option, you must use a balancer with the balancing cable feature connected on the balancer to the charger. Shark PB-5 balancer has an interface for connecting the balancing cable to the charger. By doing so, you will be able to see the individual cell voltages during balance charging.

If you are using any other balancers that do not provide the feature to connect the balancing cable to the charger, then you could only use normal charging. The pack will still be balanced but you could not see the individual voltage of the cells during charging.

Hope that the above info helps.
                    I have seen them all.

A mediocre r/c pilot who thinks that he is one top gun.

A nerd looking and sick flyer who thinks that he is a great modeller.

Greed that made a friend became a competitor.

Comment

yes the balancer can still work.. i think maybe for now i'll just use the charger to charge my cells and the balancer to balance up my cells.. what i dun get it is this is a charge through balancer system which mean that as i charge my cells, i can balance them at the same time.. just not sure why the error msgs..
                      Hi, I charged my LIPO using this charger with Hyperion balancer and it works fine. With the Shark balancer, user can see individual cell voltage while charging.

Mack, i am still waiting for the Shark balancer....When is it coming in?
                      Chai

Lets' moveon.......

Comment

Thank you for your interest in the Shark balancer. The shark balancers were supposed to b here this month. I hv requested for an ETD and ETA fm the supplier and hv yet to hear from them. I would keep everyone posted later.
                        I have seen them all.

Comment

Originally posted by mack
                          That was because you were using balance charging with the charger. To use that option, you must use a balancer with the balancing cable feature connected on the balancer to the charger. Shark PB-5 balancer has an interface for connecting the balancing cable to the charger. By doing so, you will be able to see the individual cell voltages during balance charging.

If you are using any other balancers that do not provide the feature to connect the balancing cable to the charger, then you could only use normal charging. The pack will still be balanced but you could not see the individual voltage of the cells during charging.

Hope that the above info helps.

hi, the v-balance has a link mode which need to switch on to charge the cells... i did switch it on and connect it to my charger but to no avail... how?

Comment

hi, the v-balance has a link mode which need to switch on to charge the cells... i did switch it on and connect it to my charger but to no avail... how?
                            I am not sure about the link mode. R u using balance charging with this balancer?

As far as I know, the balance charging on the charger will work if you connect a balancing (communication) cable on the charger link (right side) of the E-station PB-5 or equivalent balancer directly to the temp sensor port (left side) of the charger.

Sorry, this cable should be called the communication cable.

That means your balancer must have the charger link port (right side of the e-station PB-5 or equivalent balancer) for communicating with the charger with the communication cable. This cable is separate from the battery pack.
                            Last edited by mack; 13-12-2006, 01:38 AM. Reason: more details
                            I have seen them all.

Comment

Working...
                            X