Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone using ice charger can help...

just got the ice charger an trying to figure out how to charge the bugger. it keeps on giving me over voltage detection and stop charging.
    im charging 4 aa size 2500mah, my setting is as follows

Nimh 4cell 2500mah
    charge current: 2.5a
    peak sens. : 15mv/c
    trickle current : 50ma
    max charge capacity : 130%
    top-off charge : 500ma

(always give me over voltage message)

any one can can detect anything wrong there?

I am no expert but my triton says to limit the peak sens to between 3-5mv. what that means i dont know try that

Comment

What's the input voltage to the charger?

What happened to me was that when I was charging a 3S lipo and my charger input voltage was set to 15V, there's this error message. When I reduced the input voltage to 12V, I was able to charge normally. I'm not sure if this is happening to you.

Input voltage > charging voltage --> error message

PS: I got a variable voltage power supply so I was able to adjust the voltage manually.

Comment

Originally posted by $h@d0w
        What's the input voltage to the charger?

What happened to me was that when I was charging a 3S lipo and my charger input voltage was set to 15V, there's this error message. When I reduced the input voltage to 12V, I was able to charge normally. I'm not sure if this is happening to you.

Input voltage > charging voltage --> error message

PS: I got a variable voltage power supply so I was able to adjust the voltage manually.
        input voltage is 12v

Comment

Originally posted by Tele
          I am no expert but my triton says to limit the peak sens to between 3-5mv. what that means i dont know try that
          i own a ice.. try as above....
          your batts cannot take the peak set at 15mv
          f

Comment

Originally posted by nizamysf
            input voltage is 12v
            12v as in Lead acid battery or 12v as in AC/DC converter, Sometimes the label sez 12V but when you measure with a multimeter, it's 15+V !!!

That's why you pay $$$ for a proper regulated PSU.

Another possibility I see is that your AA batteries are shot ! ....they will go above 2V per cel when charged and dropped rapidly to 0V when you remove the charge.
            Seriously running out of ...Storage space !

Comment

Working...
            X