Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How To Check the charger......

Well i got a charger from a trade previously which has 3 components onboard the circuit board which is burned.....According to the previous owner the cause of the burned is due to his mistake of pluging in lipo without noticing the crocodile clip are being clip together thus these 3 components onboard being burned.....the owner said the charger is still usable.....But i just want to be sure, so i m here to check if there is a way of checking the charger outputs.....Well my idea is to conect up the charger to the power source and to measure the outputs by the means of a MULTIMETER to check the mA and the voltage if it is the same as what is being set on the charger....So i need ur help brothers.....correct me if i m wrong and if u got an alternative.....pls inform me thanks.......
    ADD FUEL TO THE FIRE!!!

Hi

I no Li-Poly expert here...I going to give info based on what I know:

If you connect multimeter to o/p, it should be reading the voltage of 4.2V x Number of Cells. If the voltage fluctuate, it is not good. Some charger will sense the battery present. Without battery, it will not turn on. So, u might need to connect a load or some damage Li-Poly for measurement.

If you have the picture (Clear picture one hor) on the PCB and electronics component, we can give you better information on what is appears to be burn out.

Super-Hornet

Comment

Hmmmm

i will try to post the pics of my charger a.s.a.p......thanks super honet for ur concern.....
      ADD FUEL TO THE FIRE!!!

Comment

any other suggestion....like should i just don't take the risk and buy another used lipo charger? Suggestion anyone......
        ADD FUEL TO THE FIRE!!!

Comment

Why waste your money on used charger? Get a reasonable charger lah... If you do not charge properly on your Li-Polymer, it will explode if your over voltage charging.

Super-Hornet

Comment

Anyone got any sugestion for charger....i need to get something which i can use to charge up especially kokam340 2 cell lipo batt and other types of 2 cell lipos...pls state the price, model and where i can get it....thanks in advance.....
            ADD FUEL TO THE FIRE!!!

Comment

Scary...

i m getting an Ifo soon....and comes with lipo batt....but after knowing that lipo can explode and nt crashable and stuff....well scary man....i think to be on the safer side....i m goin to go for nimh batt....i m goin to DIY 6 cell batt from my current 7 cell nimh batt which i got from Ray....well for nimh chargers....any recomendation for a charger which can charge up 1-8 cell nimh batts?
              ADD FUEL TO THE FIRE!!!

Comment

Haha

Hahaha my apache smart charger is safe to be used.....Thanks to Heli Fit.....
                ADD FUEL TO THE FIRE!!!

Comment

Working...
                X