Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sla

newbie here, let's say i wana do charging of my batts at field, i must get how much capacity sla? Any recommendations on shops & price? I've read thru the forum, found dat must get 12v ones but how about the mah?

forgot to add, my charger is tahmazo TL4 & i've got the psu from eagle which can charge sla batts. Anythin else i need to get other than the sla itself?

Comment

Sla

The one that I usually use is 12V 7AH. I think it is sufficient for your use. You can get it from Sim Lim Tower Basement shop at about S$17-18.

Comment

Originally posted by FL330
        The one that I usually use is 12V 7AH. I think it is sufficient for your use. You can get it from Sim Lim Tower Basement shop at about S$17-18.
        so any sla 12v 7ah & ABOVE is enough to charge 2-3s lipos outfield? Maybe charge about 4 lipos? Enough? Which brand is more reliable huh?

Comment

Originally posted by mugenrsg
          so any sla 12v 7ah & ABOVE is enough to charge 2-3s lipos outfield? Maybe charge about 4 lipos? Enough? Which brand is more reliable huh?

How big the capacity of the sla batt depends on what capacity battery you going to charge. For those sub 1000mah lipos, 7ah should be alright. For those 2000mah pack, suggest you go for bigger ones like 12ah, should be less than $25. Don't really think brand matters lah. If you really going to charge 4 lipo packs at the field, wouldn't it be better to use your car batt? Got people mention that sla if go deep discharge will die very early.

btw, out of curiousity, how do you actually have the time to charge 4lipo packs at the field?

sigpic

Comment

hmm..quite true..so if my batts r 2s lipos 1700mah, & 3s lipos, around 7ah should do i guess, y i dun wana use car batt is becoz i driving van, so leychey to lift up the front seats to get to the batt compartment...

Comment

it never hurts to have more capacity, but I have tried charging a 3s 1800mah pack+ 2s 1300mah pack on a old 7ah sla without problem...or alternatively, I have seen people with large car battery at the back of their van for field charging.

sigpic

Comment

yeah it never hurts to hav a higher capacity one...tink i'll just get the 12v 12h one... thx bro

Comment

Working...
                X