Frank: U got better one or not?

Very nice

Comment

Originally posted by HZM
        Frank: U got better one or not?

Very nice

have don't show you

Comment

Its looking great! cant wait to see it fly!!

A word of caution though...the frequency filter in Receiver are tuned with the individual antenna cable installed. Cutting them, shortening or lenghtening or adding connectors may reduce range and/or increase glitches....

it is such a nice bird, it would be a shame if anything happens to it due electronics.

Comment

Don't worry. Pylon racers usually have steel cable antenna soldered in place and have worked well. Anyway, I'm using antenna wire of the same length and type, and connectors bigger than necessary to reduce impedance. A range check will confirm how well it works. And BTW, I'm not using those small third party crappy receivers anymore. The JR SPCM rx is still the way to go.

Comment

Don't have much time to build in these few days, but managed to steal some break time to make some details. A touch of details goes a long way. It looks more realistic with the VHF antennae and tailskid.

Comment

I temporarily fitted the body fairings in place and marked the outline. Then, I removed them and started trimming away the film underneath. I used epoxy to glue them down in place before filling all gaps with automotive putty. Took me a few hours of sanding to get the shape right.

Comment

The wings are placed on the fuselage and mounting bolt holes were drilled accordingly. Holes in the mounting block were tapped to receive M6 nylon bolts. Wing-to-body fairings were fabricated from balsa sheets and trimmed to fit.

Comment

The aft wing-to-body fairing is removed and the wings received thier coverings, less the flight control surfaces. Dull black vinyl sheets makes very realistic de-icing boots on the leading edges.

Comment

I can't resist at this moment and I applied the registrations on the left lower wing skins, as per scale. The letters were cut from Monotrim sheet.

Comment

The wings and flight control surfaces are fully covered, awaiting aileron hingings. The aft body fairing is also covered and epoxied in place.

Comment

I also spent some time spray painting the fibreglass body fairings. A coat of grey primer is sprayed over the bare surfaces before 3 coats of white 2K paint. Luckily, the colour matches.

The edges tend to be a little untidy, but I'll do some touchup later on. Anyway, it isn't perfect on the fullsize either.

Comment

She looks very nice Joe, excellent job.

Comment

Thanks. Some of you do noticed that I use different registration as before. The previous model is 'L2-LEF'. Since it's totalled, I chose 'L2-LDQ' instead. Maybe, I'm just being superstitious here.

Comment

Swee!!

Long time no see Mr Yappy. You still at it..... champ!

I arrived the last time right after you crashed Ver 1, but wouldn't get to see ver 2 maiden either. I am sure it'll fly well. Good luck!

So Project charlie next?? BF110??

Comment

Working...
                                X