Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks bro markie,

However the split y cable ailerons made me sian....

Hanger
    Hirobo XRB SR Lama
    Hirobo Quark SRB
    Hirobo Quark SRB SG
    Eflite Blade SR (For Display)
    Blade450 3D
    MSH Mini Protos (SOLD)
    COMPASS 6HV (Combat Fit PES A)

Plane
    Dynam PBY Catalina 1.4m
    FMS J3 Cub 1.4m
    Artech F14 Tomcat EDF
    HK FLYJET EDF
    Artech Skyfun
    Dynam P51D Mustang
    Parkzone P51

Tx:
    Futaba 6J 2.4GHz(SOLD)
    Spektrum DX6i
    DX8
    Futaba 9CAP

Comment

Hi bro,

I think with dx6 it is possible.
      I am not sure that day when i helped someone to step up his aileron as flaperon, if it was a normal ar6100 or ar500..
      Just some simple steps only, good to have flaps for landing, just make sure you don't stall the plane when it is too high up during landing.

Comment

Flaperon mixing function also comes with a price. You'll lose some roll authorities with them deployed as flaps.

Also depending on your aileron designs, flaperon mixing can promote tip stalls at landing speeds, especially barn door typr ailerons, which are usually placed only near the wing tips like what a J-3 cub has. Flaperon mixing is uaually more suitable for wings that have near or full-span ailerons, and thier downward deflection should be limited.

If you want to use flaperons to assist your landings, it is wise that you get your model more or less lined-up with the runway during the approach before you deploy them. Any major flight path corrections that require abrupt aileron inputs will promote tip stalls.

If you have a pair highly swept and tapered wings, with barn door type ailerons, you'll have a good recipe for disaster if you programme flaperons on them.

Comment

Working...
        X