• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice !!

What colour will she be dressing?

Comment

so, will it be Cub Yellow?
      "Always fly with a responsible attitude. You may think that flying low over other people’s heads is proof of your piloting skill; others know better. The real expert does not need to prove himself in such childish ways..." - the Multiplex Build Manual

Comment

Dunno yet. Will have to rummage through my scrap box to see what I can scrounge up. I have many partial rolls of Monokote. Hope to be able to find enough matching transparent Monokote to cover the entire bird without having to buy more rolls. Monokote or Money$kote as I like to call it, has become incredibly expensive these days.
        To win........one must not lose.

Confucius

Comment

Fiberglassing of wing joints and fiberglass strengthening of various points done. Next is to drill and tap the wing mounting.

Confucius

Comment

Servos are covered with shrink wrap to protect the servo casings and ready for mounting. 4 servos required in all. Two HS-81MGs for the V-tail and two HS-55 for the spoilers on the wing. Servo mounting is simply by glueing the servos to the fuselage walls and into the wings. For the spoilers on the wing, its a one shot deal ie. once mounted, it can only be practically replaced by cutting open the wing covering.

Confucius

Comment

Servos siliconed to the wing and fuselage.

Confucius

Comment

Dang, I had to go strip the gear on one of my HS81 servos just after I had it nicely glued down. Now I have to cut it out of the fuselage and remount a new servo in its place. A real bummer.

Confucius

Comment

I've done that!

-David-

Comment

Cheer up bro. I have done "better". Glued the wing spar to the wrong place and have to re-do the whole wing.... one of those days.

TB

Comment

Thanks. I feel better now. I am now hacking the fuselage to remove the servo and shrink wrap.

Confucius

Comment

Since replacing the damaged servo, I have been obsessing with whether I should also remove and replace the other servo. They are both of the same vintage - about 6 years old. I opened up the bad servo and found that one of the gears had just disintegrated. The plastic was crumbly and when I pressed on some of the remaining teeth, they crumbled easily. I am now wondering if the other servo may have this condition as well - being of the same age. I think I am going to cut it out too. Better be safe than sorry. Just like the first replacement, I am using the metal gear version of the HS81. Just happened to have two of them laying around new-in-box.

I'm going to look if I can find a gear set kit to replace the old gears.
                        Last edited by Tony; 30-07-2011, 04:08 PM.

Confucius

Comment

Good grief, where did the time go. Two whole months have passed without any progress on the Chrysalis. I was distracted by my quest to perfect my Xiao Long Bao recipe 28 revisions since starting with a basic recipe I received, my quest is at at an end. See final results below.

It was a more difficult task than I had originally thought it would be to make the little bu**ers to turn out soft and succulent without (a) exploding (b) drying up (c) leaking (d) getting a skin texture akin to eating hardened chewing gum. My kids - my unpaid quality assessment team aka guinea pigs will seriously not want to eat another Xiao Long Bao for the rest of their lives having gone through the nightmare of endless batches of experiments. LOL

I finally stopped procrastinating and coughed up for a pair of new Castle Ice 50s and accompanying link hardware. They arrived today. Thought it best not to try to continue to use my decade old Hacker 40, which I suspect may have caused my brand new Graupner Elektro to fall out of the sky.

Bought myself a roll of transparent green Monokote and so tomorrow shall finally be the day the Chrysalis gets covered up - that is if I don't end up spending the day steaming more Xiao Long Baos - very addictive.....those little bu**ers.

Confucius

Comment

Your Xiao Long Bao venture will crowd out the interest in this glider build thread! Can share your secret recipe?

BTW, your build looks good too......

Comment

i can help test it .. urh..i meant the xiao long bao..

so she will be dress in green..
                              waiting to see her fly ..
                              This one i cant help :p

Comment

Yup, must have been temporarily colour blind when I chose the transparent green Monokote this will be for the wings and tail.

I have some scrap (leftover) pearl green Monokote which I intend to use for the fuselage. Dunno how it'll turn out but am keeping my fingers crossed.

I have been spending all night trying to figure out how to use the airbrake function on my Futaba 12 FG. Not making much progress so far. Will have to ask for help from someone who knows how to program the Futaba 12 FG if I still can't make sense of it by tomorrow morning. The Futaba manual is a pretty useless piece of c**p. It only tells you of the availability of the function but doesn't tell how to go about using it!!! I need to get it programmed so that I can centre the horn position of the servos for the airbrakes before I cover the wing. Once covered, the servo horn will be very difficult if near impossible to access.

Cheers.

Confucius

Comment

Working...
                                X