Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now you are talking speed... ,

Comment

I did not know topband 3900kv motor can take 4s. I am using topband 3900kv motor(the outrunner blue one) on my funjet too but with only 3s.

Originally posted by chessgame View Post
      i just completed my flight test on both the light and heavy setup.

light setup
      a. 60 amp esc
      b. 4.75 x 4.75 apc prop
      c. 4s 1800 mah
      d. motor topband 3900kv

good for easy flying around. full throttle on launch

heavy setp
      a. min 80 amp esc
      b 6x3 prop.. still testing so will upsize only later
      c. 5s 2450 mah
      d. turnigy 1450 kv

faster....in my first atte,pt, i was worried too much about torque roll and did it punch it..gave it 40 percent and that did me in as the plane cannot take off and hit the ground hard.

repaired it and today i gave it 70 percent... worked well....

the ultra really needs the umph on take off.... not able to control without the umph....

Comment

Let me share with you what my current 4S setup is for my Ultra Funjet and the 3S setup for the regular Funjet. Both planes are flying fine.

Ultra Funjet (4S or 3S)
        - Velocity 2900kv Inrunner (bought at Jethobby)
        - 4S 2250 Rhino (40C)
        - Turnigy 60A with BEC
        - APC 5x5 prop
        - Metal Gear servos

To hand launch it, it needs slightly more than half throttle. Once you can feel that the plane is wanting to go, that will be the point of launching. Throw at just a very slight angle up, about just 10 to 20 degrees with the plane slightly tilted to the right (right wing lower) to counter the initial torque roll upon release. After it leaves your hand, the Ultra should fly level or slightly dip level down (make sure CG is right!!) and then gradually punch up the throttle with the elevator stick gradually pushed down with reacting to any slight rolls (should be minimal). I fly it with 100% servo throws with 30% expo on the elevons but different individuals may like more aggressive settings. Full throttle is limited to 10 secs burst because by then, the jet would have disappeared. Another lesson learnt is to secure the canopy!!! Mine flew off at full throttle which bad things can follow when that happens!

Funjet (3S setup)
        - Turnigy 2836 2350kv
        - 3S 2200mah 25C to 30C
        - Turnigy ESC 40amps with BEC
        - 6x4 prop

This is a lighter weight setup than the Ultra. Same throttle management of slightly more than half to 3 quarter throttle before launching it. You must feel that it wants to leave your hands before you throw it. Same small angle of throw with the right wing slightly lower than the left to counter torque roll upon release. Gradually punch up the throttle and pull elevator stick down to get it up in the air in no time. Burst 10 sec full throttle when flying.

Both setups can float in the air (very stable) when throttle is cut to zero with
        the plane losing small altitudes as it glides. The Funjet glides better, that's because the plane weight is also lighter.

Thanks for reading. Enjoy your flights with the Ultra and the Funjet!

Comment

Go with a very powerful setup for funjet ultra. It can take it
          Based on some readings, I am doing 120 mph... using the heavy setup. prop 7x4. But i can already feel that my plane is not fast enough when flying with those super small J Power parkflyers.. those small warbirds are also doing around 100 plus and they are so small ! See how those pilots fly those super fast bird especially when in a pack is really fun...

Comment

120mph appears slow compared to what the Turnigy 3548 1450kV motor is capable of. Wonder whether it will fly faster on 7x6 prop instead,

Comment

Originally posted by chessgame View Post
              Go with a very powerful setup for funjet ultra. It can take it
              Based on some readings, I am doing 120 mph... using the heavy setup. prop 7x4. But i can already feel that my plane is not fast enough when flying with those super small J Power parkflyers.. those small warbirds are also doing around 100 plus and they are so small ! See how those pilots fly those super fast bird especially when in a pack is really fun...
              bro;

light plane need light power system to go fast

heavy plane need heavier power system to go fast

just whack la
              "Always fly with a responsible attitude. You may think that flying low over other people’s heads is proof of your piloting skill; others know better. The real expert does not need to prove himself in such childish ways..." - the Multiplex Build Manual

Comment

Motor vibration

I am experiencing motor vibration on my funjet ultra. Never had this on my old funjet. Wonder whether it would be better if I upgrade to CNC motor mount. Any bros here can share if you have similar experience. I am using the turnigy 2836 3200kV on 6x4 prop. The CNC motor mount is rather expensive though. Saw one on HK that is reasonably priced but they do not seem to have it in stock.

Comment

Originally posted by lexin View Post
                  I am experiencing motor vibration on my funjet ultra. Never had this on my old funjet. Wonder whether it would be better if I upgrade to CNC motor mount. Any bros here can share if you have similar experience. I am using the turnigy 2836 3200kV on 6x4 prop. The CNC motor mount is rather expensive though. Saw one on HK that is reasonably priced but they do not seem to have it in stock.
                  check the following

a. can u move the motor mount by hand ? especially up n down. if so tighten the mount so that it does not move then put some epoxy around it to lock it in place. i suggest epoxy not locktite because if u want to adjust te mount, u can still do it after chiselling away the epoxy.

b. is your prop balanced ? u r running 6x4 which is actually a bit oversized for the motor assuming u r using 4s...

c. imho get the metal mount. it is a worthwhile investment cos if u upgrade the plastic wont hold... take note the ultra is much heavier than funjet cos the foam is really denser n can take quite a bit of beating...l recently crashed my ultra and i am suprised how much this foam can take. it does not shatter like some of the cheaper epo at high impact cases but breaks....

Comment

Working...
                  X