Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Funjet Ultra 3S setup

Hi there, does anyone have a recommendation for a 3S setup on a funjet ultra? Not looking for a crazy speed machine. Would a 2900 kv motor with a 3S 2200 be doable on a 6 by 4 prop?

Originally posted by benjychan View Post
    Hi there, does anyone have a recommendation for a 3S setup on a funjet ultra? Not looking for a crazy speed machine. Would a 2900 kv motor with a 3S 2200 be doable on a 6 by 4 prop?
    That setup will be pretty pretty docile especially on the funjet......a 3200kv will be better.

Comment

Would it be more beneficial to step it up to 4S for a lower amp draw?

Comment

i just completed my flight test on both the light and heavy setup.

light setup
        a. 60 amp esc
        b. 4.75 x 4.75 apc prop
        c. 4s 1800 mah
        d. motor topband 3900kv

good for easy flying around. full throttle on launch

heavy setp
        a. min 80 amp esc
        b 6x3 prop.. still testing so will upsize only later
        c. 5s 2450 mah
        d. turnigy 1450 kv

faster....in my first atte,pt, i was worried too much about torque roll and did it punch it..gave it 40 percent and that did me in as the plane cannot take off and hit the ground hard.

repaired it and today i gave it 70 percent... worked well....

the ultra really needs the umph on take off.... not able to control without the umph....

Originally posted by benjychan View Post
        Would it be more beneficial to step it up to 4S for a lower amp draw?

Comment

Originally posted by chessgame View Post
          i just completed my flight test on both the light and heavy setup.

the ultra really needs the umph on take off.... not able to control without the umph....
          Man, your setups should be named:

FAST and FAST(ER)
          "Always fly with a responsible attitude. You may think that flying low over other people’s heads is proof of your piloting skill; others know better. The real expert does not need to prove himself in such childish ways..." - the Multiplex Build Manual

Comment

Is there a way to counter torque roll? My funjet ultra always torque roll even at 40% throttle. Need a buddy to help me launch so that i can take control whenever the plane rolls to the left during launch.

Comment

You can try launching the plane with it right wing down, so after release the torque roll will bring it level. Important, launch angle not too high, between 10 to 30 degrees. Throttle just enough to feel the pull. This is how I launch my FunJet and any planes.
              Share the joy of flying . . .

Comment

Hi, need help.

Was flying my heavy setup today.

heavy setp
                a. 80 amp esc
                b 6x3 prop.. still testing so will upsize only later
                c. 5s 2450 mah
                d. turnigy 1450 kv

Everything ok until 3rd battery. Motor suddenly seized up and had to do a dead stick landing.

Came home, checked the motor, cant seem to find anything wrong.
                Now when i throttle up above half throttle, motor twitches and stalls. Cannnot reach full throttle now. Also becomes very hot when i start to power above half throttle.

Tried to change timing, and still have this problem.
                Tried esc on different motor, and it seems ok

Any advice what happened ? Cant figure it out.

Comment

Is the the motor hot after it seized? Could there be burnt coil wire? Try to sniff the motor for burnt smell.

Comment

The other thing that you may wanna check is the bearings. By any chance you are able to measure the current?

If it's drawing too much current due to the extra load of the worn bearings, the ESC might shutdown due to overcurrent.

SG Fr3ak League : www.facebook.com/#!/groups/SG.Fr3aK.League
                    BR Slopers : www.facebook.com/groups/BRslopers

Comment

Originally posted by chessgame View Post
                      light setup
                      a. 60 amp esc
                      b. 4.75 x 4.75 apc prop
                      c. 4s 1800 mah
                      d. motor topband 3900kv
                      I'm using a similar setup but found my motor to be roasting and smelling after 1min of static full power test draw. Esc is also hot. my setup is:

a.40A esc
                      b.5.5 x 4.5 apc pusher
                      C. 4s 2200mah
                      d. Top band 3450kv

This is already the smallest prop and the motor is stressed... my understanding is uping the esc to 60a wouldn't help to cool the setup? Is it?

Comment

APC smallest prop is 4.1x4.1. Normal prop can be use, just change the motor rotation.

Up the ESC may reduce the heat on the ESC. Reducing the prop size will help.

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply. I meant a higher capacity esc will be less hot, I'm more concerned about the motor...

Am using a turnigy 40a setup. Could it be something with motor timing? The top band is an 8 pole motor...

Any thoughts?

Comment

Hi,

your prop is too big . and yes a bigger esc will help in the sense that the esc can take it but your motor will still get burnt because of your prop.

if u using 5x4 prop onwards, suggest you get a lower kv motor ie 2450kv.
                            less speed, but nothing will get burnt.

but of course, nothing is stopping u to do more testing on the above .

Comment

beginners mistake

Following my hunch I took a 2nd look at the motor mount...

I was missing the c ring at the base of the motor shaft. Thus at speed the prop adapter was pushed against the mounting plate and the friction heat is the result of binding... changed the motor out to a scorpion 2221-8, 3595kv... the funjet lives! yum yum

Comment

Working...
                              X