Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hmm....I need to buy a new pack of receiver battery.

My original pack has 1 cell which is dented.

The rest of 3 cells still can use or not ? (buy another cell and wrap them together?) Or have to throw?

Comment

If i were u i buy another and solder them together...

For Sale

CSM ICG400 Heading Lock Gyro+ ($160)
      (

Comment

I can't seem to drill through the engine mount bars. The materia is very tough

starting to sweat liao...

how do u guys drill the holes with such accuracy and ease?!?

Comment

Most of my planes use Greatplanes engine mount, material is tough but ez to drill, even the dead center drill will go thru.

For Sale

(

Comment

How u drill ah? got any technique?

I tried with a hand drill....but the drill bit keep sliding off the point. And even when I get the point and keep drilling, the bit dun seem to go in much at all....

Comment

Have u tried the greatplanes dead center drill? Always get the holes precisely where u want them..

For Sale

(

Comment

Check the drill bit. Use the one for metals. Once had the same problem, they all look capable, but somehow drill very differently, the ones meant for woods wouldnt work. Also, the one i used went blunt after one hole.
                Last edited by Mathieu; 16-04-2005, 11:36 PM.

Comment

Thanks guys...I'll try again. How much does the dead center drill cost? How big is it (hand drill type or bench drill?!?)

Comment

found the dead center thingy on NTC website, thanks I'll go get one.
                    and I'll try to use the non wood drill bits.....masonry drill bits can work?

Comment

say....I noticed lots of picture of rc plane have their engine mounted at a slanted angle between 270 and 180 deg. I'll be mounting my engine at exactly 270 deg. Hope there's no problem with that position....is there?

Comment

No prob with 270, i like that position..get to cool the heatsink and hide the muffler right at the bottom..

For Sale

(

Comment

making another trip to fook hai later in the evening....lets hope it's the last trip i make before The Flight of the Zen-50

Comment

managed to drill it through
                            Hope to at least run in the engine by this coming Sunday

Comment

understand that I need to adjust the length of the tune pipe.
                              read some articles off the web. Not able to find exactly how to adjust the length of the tune pipe (all of them just mention when to lengthen and when to shorten, not how to change the length).
                              So is it simply changing the physical distance between the engine exhaust port and the whole pipe? Meaning to say...we use different length of rubber tubbing between the header and the pipe?
                              If so, then I cannot secure the pipe to the fuselage first (else difficult to vary the length)?

Please shed some light on this for me....

Comment

That's the tedious bit i mentioned b4. It will be fortunate if u can just adjust the distance by changing the length of the rubber tubing, otherwise have to shorten by cutting liao and u risk damaging the pipe if not careful. I used to cut up my tune pipes when i was playing 1/8 onroad cars.

It's a very time consuming process, the benefit is awesome, dont rush if u wana get that performance.

For Sale

(

Comment

Working...
                                X