Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joe yap View Post
    I'll be on short leave from thus Thursday to next Tuesday. We can meet up somewhere.
    Thurday to Tuesday,that shld be enough time to finish the P2. . ETA tmr or thursday.
    what's next?

Comment

Pang, shall we fly tomorrow?

Just a side note. I mentioned earlier that I used AT-90 servos throughout, but in actual fact, they were AT-33, the smallest ones JH carries. The problems I faced with them, apart from not being very precise, is also that the covers held up together by tapes which is not very secured.

My rudder and elevator servos are hot-melt glued in place and I had the rudder servo the came off a few time after launching. The tape that held the servo cover in place also got peeled off. After several attempt to resecure the servo, I managed to strip the gears by accident. I discarded it and replaced it with a bigger AT-90 servo and now it is secured, more precise and stronger. I need a little additional nose weight anyway.
      Last edited by joe yap; 22-05-2009, 01:33 PM.

Comment

BTW, I checked the weather and wind report this late morning and the conditions are very similar to my successful thermal hunting trips last year at PFW. And so, off I went with my new sort-of DLG.

I was not disappointed, although my Discus style launch has not been perfected yet. My session started at about 1130am until just before 1pm and I had a lot of small thermal rides in between. There are 2 particular flights which both lasted around 7mins 30 seconds, which I had the little glider climbed up to about HDB block 20 storey height. The winds frequently breaks up the thermals but also stirs up new small ones. The 7mins+ flights were achieved my hopping around the thermal bubbles.

Comment

Originally posted by joe yap View Post
          Pang, shall we fly tomorrow?
          Sure! Come earlier to fly tmr, there should have thermals at the Segar field, i always see the birds here circling.
          what's next?

Comment

Can fly my TTSS there?
            Share the joy of flying . . .

Comment

Working...
            X