Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help with Futaba 4ex and 36mhz rx/ Cessna 747 and...

Collapse

Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmm... i have a silly question.

Can my FUTABA 4EX pair with a 2.4gh RX?

Originally posted by yeowchiang00 View Post
    i faced the prob with my own first hand 6hex PPM aka FM reciever. the servo for rudder keep jumping and go crazy at 10m away!!!

i access it to be freq interference as we do not know whats in the air,u should noe wat i mean. i crashed it at PFW, my formosa2, and then using the same electronics, i put in a 2,4 reciever and it did not happen again. if u manage to obtain the PCM receiver or higher, i guess ur problem will be minised. not forgetting singapore is small, thus, freq interference is common even without fellow flyers.

hope this helps.

my 2 cents.

Comment

Originally posted by hansel77 View Post
      Hmmm... i have a silly question.

Can my FUTABA 4EX pair with a 2.4gh RX?
      Yes, you can. Just need a Hack type 2.4GHz module. Assan did sell it.

Comment

Good pre-check

My RX batt is good but TX i think showing abt 9.7v. Didn't really check the antenna for the break...maybe should see later. Wah opening the Rx is abit of challenge... dunno whether this FUTABA rx has screws on it...
        Anyway will try.... if not then i bring down to SHS

Btw how much is your Dx6i? Comes with RX?

Originally posted by Dragon Slayer View Post
        Before u even go down to SHS, you can try some troubleshooting:

1. Check battery power for TX and RX, they must be good
        2. Check the antenna wore on the RX and the extendable antenna on your TX. They must not have any break
        3. Open up your RX, inspect the soldering on the PCB board, has it come loose?

If you had done all these and yet cant find any problem, you'll have to go seek help from Hobby Shops. Give SHS for instance a call before you go down see whether they have spare crystals.

Else, go buy yourself a new radio and be happy that it will serve you well. I did so with a Dx6i.

Comment

Dear Sunstorm,

I dun quite get you...pardon me
          Same thing happened to you? funny sellers? or the eratic range problem?
          If it's the range problem, can share how you overcome the prob?
          Ok, same thing happen to me as in;

I bought futaba 6exa from a guy. I got no comments about this guy since he seem rather sincere in selling me and show me that his radio was working on the spot.

After that, while i build my plane,some time later, i find that the tx also has some problem, glitching after 10 ft, even with antenna extended. This is no-no. Means radio fail.

1) I test crystal, bought new set of crystal, futaba - still fail , glitch
          2) I test receiver, bought a new receiver with the new crystal earlier, so still fail
          3) I test with old receiver, fail
          4) I go to flying field, borrow some one else TX, plug to my new receiver - pass

so, crystal not working, receiver not working- cannot be so unlucky, right? So it must be the tx.

So I brought it to this guy who repair radio. And he repaired it, no prob. Mentioned that something inside the radio need to be replaced. So ok la, replace it.

So I used that radio for a while after, then sold it at an absolute steal to one of the bros here Before I sold it, I did another test run on the radio on my cessna.

This about 2 yrs ago.
          "Always fly with a responsible attitude. You may think that flying low over other people’s heads is proof of your piloting skill; others know better. The real expert does not need to prove himself in such childish ways..." - the Multiplex Build Manual

Comment

Good pre-check

My RX batt is good but TX i think showing abt 9.7v. Didn't really check the antenna for the break...maybe should see later. Wah opening the Rx is abit of challenge... dunno whether this FUTABA rx has screws on it...
            Anyway will try.... if not then i bring down to SHS

Btw how much is your Dx6i? Comes with RX?
            Go to Fook Hai, approach Ah Mok at Jet Hobbies at level 1. He sells it at 280. TX and RX. But before that, try to see whether there is any problem with your existing radio.

The same thing happened to me. I got a 6Exa from a brudder here. Flew with after market rx and crystals. Sometime ok sometimes lost control. Crashed a few planes. Then bought the Dx6i. And after that I never worry about radio problems. Peace of mind wins everything, but the usual connection lah...battery lah...switch lah...I'll still check through before and after each and every flight.

Comment

eh bro thanks man... you have PM

Originally posted by renold View Post
              Yes, you can. Just need a Hack type 2.4GHz module. Assan did sell it.

Comment

Yeahlah ... now really disturb dun have peace of mind

Dunno lei...if can fix then i will try at all means. If too costly then no point i will get another TX and RX combo ... you guys know of anything below $200. At least a 6 channel tx and rx with 2.4ghz.. Dx6i will need to wait till bonus hahaahahhaa...times are bad no choice but that Dx6i is definitely a blast with it's "shorty" antenna very cool!

I called SHS then did sales lady ask me to bring down but i wonder how much they charge for troubleshooting. Later kena "ketok" another problem. Dun really want to incur much for a start to the hobby but maybe in total have spent about $400 already without realising but haven't taste the fruit of success.....maafann..

Originally posted by Dragon Slayer View Post
                Go to Fook Hai, approach Ah Mok at Jet Hobbies at level 1. He sells it at 280. TX and RX. But before that, try to see whether there is any problem with your existing radio.

The same thing happened to me. I got a 6Exa from a brudder here. Flew with after market rx and crystals. Sometime ok sometimes lost control. Crashed a few planes. Then bought the Dx6i. And after that I never worry about radio problems. Peace of mind wins everything, but the usual connection lah...battery lah...switch lah...I'll still check through before and after each and every flight.

Comment

will that Futaba 4ex and 36mhz rx work on the Cessna Skylane 182?

Comment

Range test fail.
                    Tat means if you turn on the TX and RX and you bring your plane 30ft away from the Tx. The servos and motor will start to move by itself. Unless if you know how to fix this problem lah...

Originally posted by brainox View Post
                    will that Futaba 4ex and 36mhz rx work on the Cessna Skylane 182?

Comment

This joker who sold me the TX and RX still dun have the guts to surface and do a little clean-up at least even though i have given him some time to react. Maybe posting his ID and contact number for some newbie to be aware of his dirty stuff will help...

Range test fail.
                      Tat means if you turn on the TX and RX and you bring your plane 30ft away from the Tx. The servos and motor will start to move by itself. Unless if you know how to fix this problem lah...

Comment

This joker who sold me the TX and RX still dun have the guts to surface and do a little clean-up at least even though i have given him some time to react. Maybe posting his ID and contact number for some newbie to be aware of his dirty stuff will help...
                        I think it is better not to post his contact number. Just the nick here will do.

Comment

Range test fail.
                          yeah, that's exactly what i thought.. i have read something about this in another forums. does any other Futaba models works with Cessna 182?

Comment

Originally posted by lynxx View Post
                            yeah, that's exactly what i thought.. i have read something about this in another forums. does any other Futaba models works with Cessna 182?

Not an expert to advise but any TX & RX should work with Cessna. But few tips in case you happen to buy 2nd items in any forum. Make sure if you get a bundle TX and RX, if possible check thoroughly. Ask the seller to do a range check in your presence to ensure hardware is working perfectly....later you regret also no point ...

Comment

Working...
                            X