Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help with Futaba 4ex and 36mhz rx/ Cessna 747 and...

Collapse

Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help with Futaba 4ex and 36mhz rx/ Cessna 747 and...

Hello there i am a newbie here...Need lot and lots of advise cos i am having this problem with the Futaba 4EX and a 36mhz Futaba rx bought from a forumer here. Just bought my Cessna 747 trainer last weekend but didn't dare to maiden flight cos when i happen to bring it down to Punggol last weekend one of the regular flyer there told me that it didn't pass the Range test....... So tried to taxi around but fail too cos of the back landing gear..and the plane goes round and round..arrgggghhh

1) Anyone can advise what shall i do? How do i fix the Range problem? How do i isolate the problem whether is it the TX or the rx? If it's the RX where can i purchase the 36mhz rx?

2) Can i launch the Cessna by hand or it has to be flown from a runway ?

3) My Cessna is running on a kite C2826 motor (1500kv) with 20am ESC, can this be used on the model? What is a recommended motor for Cessna?

Kinda frustrated...first time flying..any kind soul can offer help here..feel like giving up but since my son and i share the same passion.....

Appreciate if those experts can help lei...

Originally posted by hansel77 View Post
    Hello there i am a newbie here...Need lot and lots of advise cos i am having this problem with the Futaba 4EX and a 36mhz Futaba rx bought from a forumer here. Just bought my Cessna 747 trainer last weekend but didn't dare to maiden flight cos when i happen to bring it down to Punggol last weekend one of the regular flyer there told me that it didn't pass the Range test....... So tried to taxi around but fail too cos of the back landing gear..and the plane goes round and round..arrgggghhh

1) Anyone can advise what shall i do? How do i fix the Range problem? How do i isolate the problem whether is it the TX or the rx? If it's the RX where can i purchase the 36mhz rx?

2) Can i launch the Cessna by hand or it has to be flown from a runway ?

3) My Cessna is running on a kite C2826 motor (1500kv) with 20am ESC, can this be used on the model? What is a recommended motor for Cessna?

Kinda frustrated...first time flying..any kind soul can offer help here..feel like giving up but since my son and i share the same passion.....

Appreciate if those experts can help lei...

A few questions:

1. What happened to t he landing gear?

2. You can hand launch or fly off runway. The motor and esc is fine. What batt (2s or 3s and capacity) are you using?

3. How did you do the range test?

Dun give up. Crashing is part of the lesson to learn but of course you lessen it by approaching the gurus for help. Most importantly, trim the plane, balance the CG and get the throws correct, you wont go too far out. If the TX/ rx is really the faulty one, you should go back to the guy who sold you the stuff.

Comment

Pardon my advice ... but I am using 1200 Kv brushless. So your 1500 Kv confirm flies.
      I have tried on a GS 28/36 size and a dunno-what-brand smaller sized outrunner.. both will fly, except the GS 28/36 can do vertical..

My GWS Estarter is about the same size and weight as your TW 747

I can fly my estarter with a lousy 2S 1200 Lipo , so its no problem. Maybe can't do fantastic stunts due to lower torque, but sufficient to take off from grass ( tried few times ) and have 10 minutes in the air.

If flying over grass patch then no wheels also never mind bah... better.. don't need to worry about broken landing gears for rookies I keep hitting the ground too hard I decided to remove the wheels.. makes the plane looks better in the air without wheels actually
      I'm Remotely Controlled ...

Comment

1. The landing gear was slanted to one side so the airplane started to turn. So have to go home that very day to fix it up now looks better can at least go straight

2. I am using a 2s 1200mah 7.4V

3. Not sure lei i met one guy while in Punggol flying area so turn on my tx and my plane. He hold my trainer and ask me to hold the tx and walk 30 feet away from the trainer without extending the antenna to do a range check. After about 32 feet my plane started to rattle and servos started to activate by itself and then he says something not right with the avionics.. alamak makes me more worried....

Not very sure whether is it the tx faulty or what...how?

Originally posted by Dragon Slayer View Post
        A few questions:

1. What happened to t he landing gear?

2. You can hand launch or fly off runway. The motor and esc is fine. What batt (2s or 3s and capacity) are you using?

3. How did you do the range test?

Dun give up. Crashing is part of the lesson to learn but of course you lessen it by approaching the gurus for help. Most importantly, trim the plane, balance the CG and get the throws correct, you wont go too far out. If the TX/ rx is really the faulty one, you should go back to the guy who sold you the stuff.

Comment

ok bah.. thanks for the advise

If can hand launch than i better not worry about the landing gear..
          Maybe i am think of taking it off...

But really can hand launch meh? i tot it have to take off from the ground enuff speed than can take off..?? sorry lah me abit silly here hahahhaha

salamat din!

Wah damn paiseh....flying at punggol..all expert one

Originally posted by blueangel View Post
          Pardon my advice ... but I am using 1200 Kv brushless. So your 1500 Kv confirm flies.
          I have tried on a GS 28/36 size and a dunno-what-brand smaller sized outrunner.. both will fly, except the GS 28/36 can do vertical..

My GWS Estarter is about the same size and weight as your TW 747

I can fly my estarter with a lousy 2S 1200 Lipo , so its no problem. Maybe can't do fantastic stunts due to lower torque, but sufficient to take off from grass ( tried few times ) and have 10 minutes in the air.

If flying over grass patch then no wheels also never mind bah... better.. don't need to worry about broken landing gears for rookies I keep hitting the ground too hard I decided to remove the wheels.. makes the plane looks better in the air without wheels actually

Comment

But really can hand launch meh? i tot it have to take off from the ground enuff speed than can take off..?? sorry lah me abit silly here hahahhaha

salamat din!

Bro, b4 u hand launch or ROG, make sure your range problem is solved, else .

Also before u hand launch, make sure u r familiarize with the stick direction, else u will panic when the plane goes into a weird angle. Having said that, all the pre-flight checks have to be done in the 1st place before taking off.

Expert flyers in punggol doesn't mean they are unapproachable. They will still be glad to help u. Dun be afraid to approach them as there is no such thing as a stupid question.

Happy Flying

Comment

You can hand launch your type of plane. I started off with this type, back then when I was not confident in taking off.

Thing is, don't fly alone when learning to fly.... talk to others and dont be intimidated by their big big planes....there's bound to be one or two mentor types of flyers at the field.
              "Always fly with a responsible attitude. You may think that flying low over other people’s heads is proof of your piloting skill; others know better. The real expert does not need to prove himself in such childish ways..." - the Multiplex Build Manual

Comment

Ok bro...noted and thanks for the advise and the motivation. Need more of it hahahah

Now i dunno how to resolve the range problem thingy? I tried again yesterday at home. Turn on the TX and Plug on the rx and batt move about 30 feet away with the plane. Then the eratic movements begins. The servos started to move by themselves the motor started to power on and off. I tried extending the attenna to see if it helps but same thing happens. Tried contacting the forumer who sold me the equipment but seems didn;t get a response at all. Leave him a PM but no reply.

Looks like i kena conn into buying the stuffs.. i think just my luck being taken advantage of being a newbie here..!!! arggh i learn....But i think it'not professional and responsible of him to sell me stuffs like these..i don't want to mention names lah down here but still he dares publish his "dirty" stuffs up for sale here..sigh.

Now back to business...mine is a 36mhz Futuba rx.. i know kinda rare for a 36mhz rx

Could it be the crystal? or what
                Any of you know of any shop here in SG who can help me rectify this issue?
                Or any Futaba svc centre in Sg can help ? Or anyone who had the same encounter with the same problem who can advise ????

Originally posted by jansonfinn View Post
                Bro, b4 u hand launch or ROG, make sure your range problem is solved, else .

Also before u hand launch, make sure u r familiarize with the stick direction, else u will panic when the plane goes into a weird angle. Having said that, all the pre-flight checks have to be done in the 1st place before taking off.

Expert flyers in punggol doesn't mean they are unapproachable. They will still be glad to help u. Dun be afraid to approach them as there is no such thing as a stupid question.

Happy Flying

Comment

Ok bro...noted and thanks for the advise and the motivation. Need more of it hahahah

Now i dunno how to resolve the range problem thingy? I tried again yesterday at home. Turn on the TX and Plug on the rx and batt move about 30 feet away with the plane. Then the eratic movements begins. The servos started to move by themselves the motor started to power on and off. I tried extending the attenna to see if it helps but same thing happens. Tried contacting the forumer who sold me the equipment but seems didn;t get a response at all. Leave him a PM but no reply.

Looks like i kena conn into buying the stuffs.. i think just my luck being taken advantage of being a newbie here..!!! arggh i learn....But i think it'not professional and responsible of him to sell me stuffs like these..i don't want to mention names lah down here but still he dares publish his "dirty" stuffs up for sale here..sigh.

Now back to business...mine is a 36mhz Futuba rx.. i know kinda rare for a 36mhz rx

Could it be the crystal? or what
                  Any of you know of any shop here in SG who can help me rectify this issue?
                  Or any Futaba svc centre in Sg can help ? Or anyone who had the same encounter with the same problem who can advise ????

Ya, it is rare for 36mhz. Nevertheless, u can bring down your radio set to SHS as they are also selling 36mhz radio system. I'm sure they can help u. If I'm not wrong, they are also the distributor for Futaba

Btw, u can also list him down here. In this way, u will be helping any newbies as well.

Comment

thanks once again...looks like i have to bring it down to SHS this weekend..it's at Fook Hai right where JH is? I will give him sometime to react or maybe gives him the benefit of the doubt for being busy before i react. If he happens to read this.. Come on be a gentleman...! Give me a hand at least. Dun just keep ur mouth shut.!!!

To all who has contributed and gives me the energy and inspiration to move on and fly... i thank you guys very very much. Maybe someday sometime when we happen to bump at each other flying @ Punggol...we can have a cup of coffee as a token of friendship... and have a good laugh...

3 Cheers to you guys... Hip hiip hooray...

Originally posted by jansonfinn View Post
                    Ya, it is rare for 36mhz. Nevertheless, u can bring down your radio set to SHS as they are also selling 36mhz radio system. I'm sure they can help u. If I'm not wrong, they are also the distributor for Futaba

Btw, u can also list him down here. In this way, u will be helping any newbies as well.

Comment

thanks once again...looks like i have to bring it down to SHS this weekend..it's at Fook Hai right where JH is?
                      Yup

Comment

don't worry mate! Same thing happened to me. You are not alone!
                        "Always fly with a responsible attitude. You may think that flying low over other people’s heads is proof of your piloting skill; others know better. The real expert does not need to prove himself in such childish ways..." - the Multiplex Build Manual

Comment

Dear Sunstorm,

I dun quite get you...pardon me
                          Same thing happened to you? funny sellers? or the eratic range problem?
                          If it's the range problem, can share how you overcome the prob?

Originally posted by Sunstorm View Post
                          don't worry mate! Same thing happened to me. You are not alone!

Comment

hi bro

i faced the prob with my own first hand 6hex PPM aka FM reciever. the servo for rudder keep jumping and go crazy at 10m away!!!

i access it to be freq interference as we do not know whats in the air,u should noe wat i mean. i crashed it at PFW, my formosa2, and then using the same electronics, i put in a 2,4 reciever and it did not happen again. if u manage to obtain the PCM receiver or higher, i guess ur problem will be minised. not forgetting singapore is small, thus, freq interference is common even without fellow flyers.

hope this helps.

my 2 cents.

Comment

Before u even go down to SHS, you can try some troubleshooting:

1. Check battery power for TX and RX, they must be good
                              2. Check the antenna wore on the RX and the extendable antenna on your TX. They must not have any break
                              3. Open up your RX, inspect the soldering on the PCB board, has it come loose?

If you had done all these and yet cant find any problem, you'll have to go seek help from Hobby Shops. Give SHS for instance a call before you go down see whether they have spare crystals.

Else, go buy yourself a new radio and be happy that it will serve you well. I did so with a Dx6i.

Comment

Working...
                              X