Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arrr iicc.. thanks for the advice... Will do exactly that when i start to build my model

Multiplex Parkmaster 3D
    Tarot 450SE V2

Comment

Originally posted by madflurry View Post
      Arrr iicc.. thanks for the advice... Will do exactly that when i start to build my model
      You can use Silicon as well, but I'd coat the bare balsa surface with CA a little before applying. Some people uses Hot-melt glue.

Comment

icic.. how about for moulded wings? Do i have to do anything to the surface before i glue the servo in??

Multiplex Parkmaster 3D
        Tarot 450SE V2

Comment

Originally posted by madflurry View Post
          icic.. how about for moulded wings? Do i have to do anything to the surface before i glue the servo in??
          Just clean the surfaces with alcohol before applying glue. My moulded Nimbus 4D servos are siliconed down into the wings.

Comment

Hot glue is another good idea but it's a bit more heavier. If you need to remove the servos, just use a soldering iron and slowly soften the glue.

Comment

Maiden the Cobra today. After launching, I immediately realised that the elevator throws are too much and I switched to dual rate right away. Not bad at all. The plane is quite responsive to lift, but I also find that the heavy wings did some funny things in flight. Nothing alarming but just a little annoying when the model wriggles quite a bit during turns.

Comment

arrr okok totally got it.. thanks for the advice from the 2 master

Multiplex Parkmaster 3D
                Tarot 450SE V2

Comment

hi.. I use thermal shrink on the servo before epoxy. The same type use on ni-cd. You can get them from jet. Just thermal shrink the whole servo body. apply epoxy on it. To remove just cut the thermal shrink. Once the servo is lifted out, the thermal shrink can be removed easily.

cheers

Comment

The Cobra has proven itself a very nice flyer at Sedili. Although the roll rate won't make it a super aerobatic glider, the fullsize isn't anyway. It might be due to the size and mass, it climbs and retains energy pretty well. It can pick up enough lift to get back to the slope after a super low dive towards the bottom of the slope. Consecutive loops can be done easily and the spoileron function is comfortably responsive. The airframe is very tough to take the landing punishments there as I didn't even get any dents or scratches so far.

I just saw the Stuafenbiel website and found out that they have only 8 kits left and the production is discountinued. So anyone interested, please grab one fast.

Comment

Hi Joe,
                      That's very good to know. After the Jart is completed, and if there is still some wind left, I will build up the snake in the box.....

Comment

Working...
                      X