Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the replies.

Probably I'll get an estarter and a DX6i.

Any recommendations for the motor, speed control, servos, battery and battery charger?

Comment

I think most stock Estarter kits come with a motor so you just need a speedcontroller and servos.

Because the e starter is so light you can get away with very cheap micro servos > Baring in mind you probably do quite a bit of crashing to start with ( we all do dont worry about ) i would spend too much if i were you.
      Later when you want more power or longer flight times you can always upgrade the motor and ESC to a brushless system.

I would however recommend getting a good charger ( and balancer if using lipo batts)
      There's quite a few good ones around and some good second hand deals in the market place of this forum.

And make sure you get good foam glue on your shopping list !! You'll need it

Comment

couple of the local shops do combo packages with the e starter. I'm sure they'd swap the stock TX for the DX6i with cash top up.
        At least with the combo package you know you'll have all you need to start with

Comment

Hmm, any shops offering such combo?

I was looking at rotor hobby but i think they don't carry the Dx6i right?

Comment

Originally posted by bigfilsing View Post
            How so ???
            cyclics stick on the right hand, rudder controls on the feet, n pitch collective control on the left hand

Comment

Originally posted by jansonfinn View Post
              cyclics stick on the right hand, rudder controls on the feet, n pitch collective control on the left hand
              So thats mode 4 then

Comment

ah i get ya ..i fly mode 3 and always thought mode 4 was opposite but it is indeed mode 2

Confused about RC transmitter modes for radio control airplanes? Learn the differences between Modes 1, 2, 3 and 4, and see which might be right for you.

Comment

Originally posted by bigfilsing View Post
                  So thats mode 4 then
                  rudder controls on the feet
                  Maybe its mode 5, there is an extension on the tx that plugs to a pedal...

Comment

theres a guy on you tube that did exactly that .Made a mock up full size cockpit seat and flys his RC heli from it

Comment

Working...
                    X