Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recommendation for first timer

Hi all, I am thinking of starting this hobby and thought of getting this combo for a start.

http://shop.rotor.com.sg/show-detail.asp?prodid={8C9D0A65-AFCE-46C6-93F2-2BB3100822E1}&pn=1

Any comments?

Thanks!

Originally posted by gforce View Post
    Hi all, I am thinking of starting this hobby and thought of getting this combo for a start.

http://shop.rotor.com.sg/show-detail.asp?prodid={8C9D0A65-AFCE-46C6-93F2-2BB3100822E1}&pn=1

Any comments?

Thanks!
    I would recommend this: http://shop.rotor.com.sg/show-detail.asp?prodid={B22BCE5F-02D9-4583-A8B3-B7B797BD04EC}&pn=3

But the plane kit and then select your electronic separately. That way you can reuse for upgrade to other model.

Good buy will be a 6 channels Tx *& Rx with program, such as Futaba EXAP 6, Hi-Tec Optic 6 or if you like this would be good:

Happy flying.

Comment

Originally posted by renold View Post
      I would recommend this: http://shop.rotor.com.sg/show-detail.asp?prodid={B22BCE5F-02D9-4583-A8B3-B7B797BD04EC}&pn=3

But the plane kit and then select your electronic separately. That way you can reuse for upgrade to other model.

Good buy will be a 6 channels Tx *& Rx with program, such as Futaba EXAP 6, Hi-Tec Optic 6 or if you like this would be good:

Happy flying.
      So for that plane, I'll have to buy the following stuff?

Battery, Servo, Receiver, Speed controller and Radio?

Anything I missed out?

Anyway, I thought of buying a combo pack first because I'm really new at this and I have no prior knowledge of RC. So I thought of saving the trouble to search around for electronics and I also have limited budget for this first plane haha..

Comment

Where do you live? Head down to any of the flying field to have a feel as well as talk to some of the regular bros prior to making any buying decision.

So for that plane, I'll have to buy the following stuff?

Battery, Servo, Receiver, Speed controller and Radio?

Anything I missed out?

Anyway, I thought of buying a combo pack first because I'm really new at this and I have no prior knowledge of RC. So I thought of saving the trouble to search around for electronics and I also have limited budget for this first plane haha..
        If you are feeling down....just pull up the stick!

Comment

Any flying fields in Tampines? Might head down one of these days.

Comment

Try going to Punggol Field Walk(PFW), big field opposite Punggol Plaza. Weekends 7am to 10am, 5pm to sunset. Weekdays, 5pm to sunset. There are lot more bros over weekend morning.

Comment

Originally posted by ehawk View Post
              Try going to Punggol Field Walk(PFW), big field opposite Punggol Plaza. Weekends 7am to 10am, 5pm to sunset. Weekdays, 5pm to sunset. There are lot more bros over weekend morning.
              Yes, PFW. Mr. Ang is happy to let you try his pico tiger moth....

Hope I am right.

Comment

gforce should start with either 3 channel Beaver or 4 channel eStarter and not Pico Tiger Moth la.

Originally posted by renold View Post
                Yes, PFW. Mr. Ang is happy to let you try his pico tiger moth....

Hope I am right.

Comment

will suggest getting a 2nd hand Transmitter in the forum's marketplace.

Has some good deals and you may have a better transmitter on the same budget.

For instance, I got a Hitec Optic 6 (2nd Hand) when starting out and subsequently got a 9CAP (2nd Hand) upgrade with Assan 2.4GHz.
                  Relax and Enjoy The Hobby.
                  Note to self: Must stop buying too much stuff.

Comment

dont do get a combo

bro,
                    bought a easy star combo 10 days ago and started regretting the minute i get to the field.... bro's there are friendly and they wld advice u what u shd get.. go and talk to them... believe me, u wont regret.. its better to buy the items seperately... im now starting to hunt for a better radio and receiver already...

Comment

There are few people flying at the big open field near the swimming pool & sport complex, beside the contruction sites near the bus interchange. I think they fly around 5++pm...
                      After so many years, I am still a beginner

Comment

Alright will drop by Punggol area when I have time to spare.

Comment

Originally posted by Bee_Flower View Post
                          There are few people flying at the big open field near the swimming pool & sport complex, beside the contruction sites near the bus interchange. I think they fly around 5++pm...
                          Is it the place near Sun plaza park?

Comment

Originally posted by Rassu View Post
                            bro,
                            bought a easy star combo 10 days ago and started regretting the minute i get to the field.... bro's there are friendly and they wld advice u what u shd get.. go and talk to them... believe me, u wont regret.. its better to buy the items seperately... im now starting to hunt for a better radio and receiver already...
                            Haha, why you regret?

Comment

Any comments?

Thanks!
                              I would've recommended the famous Slowstick !

Great airplane for beginners, floats with engine off and though not exactly indestructable, it's easily repairable. The electronics are also conveniently exposed, making it easy to adjust, replace, etc. I learned on this. Only disadvantage is that it's really sensitive to wind.
                              ------------------------------
                              Airworthy: FMS Mini Trojan, Cloudsfly, BF-109 Funfighter, HK Mini Stick, Flasher 450 Pro, Mini Titan v2, E-Flite Blade MCPx.
                              NIB: Multiplex FunCub, HK T-45.

Comment

Working...
                              X