Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A question

hi guys, me again

Got a problem wif my e-starter set up. i've got a Gs outrunner BL motor 1120kv, 18a hobbywing esc, wif a EP-1147 prop. Is this setup okay? i havent fly it yet but while i was testing the throttle the plane like going to break apart man.. or izzit normal ?

add on

the motor turns but seems like if i go full throttle it's gonna break apart. Plus a was just testing it for awhile and the motor became slightly warm.

Your help will be greatly appreciated man.. i'm a total newbie

Comment

How many cells Lipo or input DC voltage is your setup?

Comment

i think it's a 4cell lipo (attach pic).. i'm not sure bout the voltage and all that as it didnt state it on the batt.. it was second hand.. izzit too stong or something?

i've got another batt but havent test it yet, it's a dualsky lipo 1320mah 11.1v 3cell, 12c-15c continuous discharge.. it stated on the batt.

Which one is suitable? both can use? ohh aother question.. izzit maybe the size of the prop?

Comment

pic of batt

Pic

Comment

Originally posted by yanloveRC View Post
            i think it's a 4cell lipo (attach pic).. i'm not sure bout the voltage and all that as it didnt state it on the batt.. it was second hand.. izzit too stong or something?

i've got another batt but havent test it yet, it's a dualsky lipo 1320mah 11.1v 3cell, 12c-15c continuous discharge.. it stated on the batt.

Which one is suitable? both can use? ohh aother question.. izzit maybe the size of the prop?
            if 4 cells, the voltage will be 14.8V will be too heavy n powerful for ur setup
            The dualsky u have now is good enough for ur E-starter

U can refer the size of prop from the motor recommendation

Comment

Thanks man seriously

So this is my setup,
              1120kv BL motor
              18A esc
              prop(gonna find the right size)
              dualsky 1320mah 11.1v batt

May i know approximately, how long is the flight time?

Comment

Thanks man seriously

So this is my setup,
                1120kv BL motor
                18A esc

ard 5 mins? But u have to check the voltage after ur flight n see how much juice is left in the batt n re-adjust ur flight time accordingly

Comment

okok got it! thanks!

Comment

I fly an almost similar set up i.e. 1200KV motor with 18A ESC and 1300mAH 11.1V batteries with a 9 x 6 E prop on my e starter and I can get easily abt 10-15 mins flight time going half or less throttle mostly during flight. The batteries usually not even warm when I land.

I think your eventual flight time is dependent on how aggressive you fly i.e. your usage of your throttle.

BT

Thanks man seriously

So this is my setup,
                    1120kv BL motor
                    18A esc

Comment

waa.. 10-15mins? thanks for the info bro, but i think i better get the thing to check the voltage after flight just to be safe!

Comment

hi guys, me again

Got a problem wif my e-starter set up. i've got a Gs outrunner BL motor 1120kv, 18a hobbywing esc, wif a EP-1147 prop. Is this setup okay? i havent fly it yet but while i was testing the throttle the plane like going to break apart man.. or izzit normal ?
                        Hi Yanlover, what you experience with your description and your lipo is 4 cells
                        is "normal" Normal=I mean it is over power that could lead to the destruction of both the ESc and Plane.Sorry about the punk.

Luckily for you ,you wrote on this forum and many of the experience flyer who are in electrics have more or less gave you the answer.

Just curious how did you end up with the 4 cells lipo setup?
                        If I am not wrong usually beginners with electric flight usually start with low power setup 2 cells or 3 cells lipo (with some exception -my friend started electric flight with 6 cell lipo or his EDF bob cat but he is a nitro season flyer with BSEE background)

In addition, if you are serious into electric flight ,you should consider to purchase a clamp on DC ammeter that can read up to 60amps or higher.
                        This is a very useful tools that will measure the setup current.
                        Some Ammeter can also double to read the ESC timing and hence read the rpm of the spinning motor quite accurately.

Clamp on Ammeter= is a meter that comes with a fork thongs that senses the magnetic field of the battery wire when current is flowing in one direction.
                        Is main advantange is it does not introduce any resistance to the electric aircraft setup and hence is rather accurate.

Cheers and all the best

Comment

waa.. 10-15mins? thanks for the info bro, but i think i better get the thing to check the voltage after flight just to be safe!
                          As a matter of fact, I do check my lipos voltage after every flight. Usually its abt 11.3-11.6V after 10-15 mins flight. I think its a matter of how you match your prop and thus determine your amp draw and also how much throttle you use when flying that result in the final amt of power drawn from your lipos.

Comment

ya, coz everybody flying style, plane AUG, motor n prop combo is different, So u need to check n get the flight time most suitable for your batt.

During the first flight, u can land after 5 -6 mins n check on the voltage. If still ok, take off n fly for a few more mins before coming in for a landing n check the voltage again. This way u won't overdischarge ur lipo n u can get to practice on ur landings!

Comment

Babylon, i got the batt as a package when i bought the plane second hand so not sure whether suitable anot, thanks god i test it and post first before flying it dangerously. thanks for the technical help man.

BT, thanks for your info!

Janson, thanks for the info too! gonna get a volt-meter, right prop size and ready to fly

Comment

Working...
                              X