Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joe yap View Post
    I didn't choose the scheme, the fullsize has it liek this. It's meant to be aerotowed on flat fields, but I'm going to maiden it at BR. Sedili? I have better planes.
    So where's BR. Sedili???

Comment

BR is short form of Bedok Reservoir. Sedili is a town at east coast of West Malaysia.

Comment

For the past few days, I installed the radio equipment and made the canopy frame. The ailerons are rigged with differential throws mechanically. Rudder control is also coupled to the ailerons for roll control augmentation. With the nose ballast in place to bring the CG to the right spot, the AUW tips at 572grammes/ 20oz. With a total wing area of 426 sqin, wingloading spots at 6.76 oz/sqft.

Today, the canopy glue is still not yet cured, but I decided to hold it against the frame with tapes and went for it's so called 'Maiden' glide test. With a good handlaunch, I can manage a 50 metre glide. Not the best among my fleet, but certainly the best of my scale gliders. For a moment, I hoped there is a tug somewhere around PFW field.

Comment

Woah, the glide ratio of your glider is amazing.

Lets say you are 1.5meters tall , and your glider is released approximately 1.5meters above the ground. Given the distance travelled.... your glide ratio is approximately 33:1 . Something else i like about glide ratio is.., it dosen't change with weight, thats the cool part i found out months ago.
          Build it
          Fly it
          Crash it
          Fix it

Comment

Originally posted by viper1990 View Post
            Woah, the glide ratio of your glider is amazing.

Lets say you are 1.5meters tall , and your glider is released approximately 1.5meters above the ground. Given the distance travelled.... your glide ratio is approximately 33:1 . Something else i like about glide ratio is.., it dosen't change with weight, thats the cool part i found out months ago.
            Yep, and I really paced my footsteps to 50 metres. But of course, I don't just release it. I gave it a toss.

Comment

Originally posted by joe yap View Post
              For a moment, I hoped there is a tug somewhere around PFW field.
              Yah, yah ! ...sure ! go ahead and stress me ! ...afterall, I've only got 3 more gliders to complete before the end of THIS NE monsoon !

...why not !

Seriously running out of ...Storage space !

Comment

Why need tug when a hi-start is available?

Scale reasons?
                "Always fly with a responsible attitude. You may think that flying low over other people’s heads is proof of your piloting skill; others know better. The real expert does not need to prove himself in such childish ways..." - the Multiplex Build Manual

Comment

Double the fun ! ...and triple the stress !
                  Seriously running out of ...Storage space !

Comment

And 1/8th of the realism.

Comment

I went down to Bedok Reservoir slope in the afternoon, but the wind is almost non existence, not to mention the occasional spells of drizzle. I went back home soon without getting any flight.

In the evening, after sending my family to visit my parents, I sneaked out and brought the Blanik along to the slope again, with the intention to test glide again to try out for the control response. After checking the freqs with the sailors, I went up the slope again. The wind was hardly noticeable as the branches and leaves barely move, except for a few moments.

While fixing up the model and getting it ready to fly, I was surrounded with a gang of Indian nationals which made me a little nervous. However, I left them alone and chuck it into the air. To my surprise, the so-called glide test turned out to be its maiden flight, which I thought is impossible. I flew it for 4mins 55 seconds before it ran out of juice and I landed this piece of cake without any sweat. It flew so well that I even took a picture of it myself with my camera phone, while I was flying it.

Right after that, I did some fine trimmings here and there during the several short flights right after the first. The longest flight it did today is just 5 seconds short of 6 mins, in this nearly no wind condition. It is very floaty, stable and yet responsive to controls. I have yet to discover any tip stall tendencies. Also, not forgetting that it has wheels, I did manage a few touch and go. However, that also means that it will roll on the ground for some distance after touching down and some ground space must be considered before landing. With the sky getting dark, I left the place with a big grin on my face.

Rather grainy picture, but it proves my point.

Comment

Working...
                      X