Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jack_Chen View Post
    Hey Jason your C130 maiden yet or not? If you flying in East side, I want to check it out.
    Hmmm, still installing servos now. Hope to maiden on this Sat. But I will be flying it in the west

Comment

Originally posted by Nicholas View Post
      haha thanks , CG is in the centerline of thw wings right ?
      Are you sure you are in the right course? Hehe ....just kidding. It should be as recommended in the building instructions or as I remember 1/3 of the chord from the leading edge. And as Mr Chen mentioned build it as light as possible. With a 2200mah batt it is at least 100grams hearvier. Extra weight will give your plane more inertia meaning it will fly faster translating faster approach for landing etc. else it will stall prematurely. In the good ol days we were flying this bird with only 2 cells with 9 x 7 props and it performed well.

Practice flying the plane in a fixed circuit using whatever landmarks as your markers and master having positive control over the flight of your plane. Belly land so you don't have to worry so much. As you master the glide path of your plane (about 15 degrees gradient) and getting as soft a touch down, you may graduate to landing gears always having a positive control over your approach. Or ...plan B get a more experience bro to land for you and observe and learn.
      Remember taking off is optional but landings are mandatory.
      Go back in one piece to fly another day.
      Having fun yet?
      36.39mhz
      40.77mhz

Comment

ahh crap ... fixed the fuselage , modded for 3s lipo , and guess what?

NOSE HEAVY , the CG is like ON the leading edge

should i run down to a LHS and buy some weights or is blue tac sufficient to bring it to 1/3 from leading edge?

Comment

Originally posted by Nicholas View Post
          ahh crap ... fixed the fuselage , modded for 3s lipo , and guess what?

NOSE HEAVY , the CG is like ON the leading edge

should i run down to a LHS and buy some weights or is blue tac sufficient to bring it to 1/3 from leading edge?
          If possible, u can try modifying the batt compartment to cater ur 3S lipo in such a the way to get the CG rite.

Another method, use some weights.

Last method, use a smaller capacity batt.

Comment

MEH ... no way , i'll add blue tac , same type of weights

Comment

take note of the overall flying weight. Correcting CG is one thing but not at the expense of payload.

If you can, see if you can adjust the battery aft to come close.
              Relax and Enjoy The Hobby.
              Note to self: Must stop buying too much stuff.

Comment

Working...
              X