Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2nd First plane =.=|||

after buying the cessena 182 RTF and crashing it as a learning platform ... i decided to write it off after some recommendations (broken stuff here and there, almost crashed into a couple looking at us flying planes due to my inexperience , damn i suck )

so im getting a e-starter to continue the learning process~

some questions i need to ask b4 i buy the e-starter .

1.)can i use the cessena motor and ESC on the e-starter?

2.)will the cessena's servos work on the e-starter?

3.)what prop size to use?

4.)what type of battery to use for maximum power/climb rate etc, from what i know its from 1000-1600(noob)?

from heli --- really new to planes, need info fast , getting plane tomorrow~

thanks in advance!

sorry for double post , motor is 1000kv(i asked)

Comment

elec transfer from your cessena should be able to work on the e-starter without any problem

btw, need to know what Kv bl motor your are using to determine the prop..
      e-starter able to use 1047 with 1000kv bl motor

Comment

Originally posted by Nicholas View Post
        after buying the cessena 182 RTF and crashing it as a learning platform ... i decided to write it off after some recommendations (broken stuff here and there, almost crashed into a couple looking at us flying planes due to my inexperience , damn i suck )

from heli --- really new to planes, need info fast , getting plane tomorrow~

thanks in advance!
        Bro, since u start off from heli, u should have no much of a problem getting the plane orientation rite?

Comment

get someone with more plane flying experience to help you out when you are at the flying field

this will make your learning curve less steep
          sigpic
          What goes up must come down ... its a matter of how

Comment

hmmm

Originally posted by jansonfinn View Post
            Bro, since u start off from heli, u should have no much of a problem getting the plane orientation rite?
            bro orientation wise may not be a problem since he has heli experience but not only that. angle throw, thrust angle, prop size, all plays a part. like they said, better to be flying with an experience plane flyer around you for guidance and tips... hehehhe

romihensem " Back In Business "

Flying is all that matters...
            sigpic

Comment

ya i was doing circuits loops and rolls on my maiden after like 2 failed maidens but the wing was flexing LIKE MAD cause of the supports not present(broken) so bo bian , 39 dollars for a new plane which can do the same as my screwed cessena , y not

but its not the orientation prob , its the landing ... 1047? dont understand

heli is so different from plane la ! plane can anyhow fly oso relax , heli anyhow fly = crash ...
              plane must land with approach etc , heli can land anywhere , auto rotate if got prob , plane = glide >.<|||

cant get landings right untill last saturday where i almost kileld someone when landing then some one told me is land from left or right , i was like "oh..."

still need to know lipos

Comment

ya i was doing circuits loops and rolls on my maiden after like 2 failed maidens but the wing was flexing LIKE MAD cause of the supports not present(broken) so bo bian , 39 dollars for a new plane which can do the same as my screwed cessena , y not

but its not the orientation prob , its the landing ... 1047? dont understand

heli is so different from plane la ! plane can anyhow fly oso relax , heli anyhow fly = crash ...
                plane must land with approach etc , heli can land anywhere , auto rotate if got prob , plane = glide >.<|||

cant get landings right untill last saturday where i almost kileld someone when landing then some one told me is land from left or right , i was like "oh..."

still need to know lipos
                k, firstly u need to know the wind direction, then estimate your landing distance n how fast u want to descend the plane.

Alway land in the opposite direction of the wind, meaning facing the plane in the wind direction.

N most important is to SHOUT LOUDLY to others that u have the intention to land.

Comment

estimate your landing distance n how fast u want to descend the plane.
                  im in the aerospace industry and i find this hard >.<||| need practice i guess

Alway land in the opposite direction of the wind, meaning facing the plane in the wind direction.
                  very sure i did this

N most important is to SHOUT LOUDLY to others that u have the intention to land.
                  ok , will take note , dont have to do this with helis

Comment

i find this hard >.<||| need practice i guess
                    Yup, u need more practice. Anyway if u think u can't land in the 1st attempt, abort the landing by throttle up the plane n go for 1 more round b4 coming in again for a landing. (This may repeat many times until u r confident to land it)

im in the aerospace industry
                    Hey, me too, which company r u in? I'm in Goodrich Aerostructures

Comment

lol not yet in a company , im set FOR the aerospace industry
                      in NGEE ANN aerospace tech course

haha , i think i was overconfident

Comment

lol not yet in a company , im set FOR the aerospace industry
                        in NGEE ANN aerospace tech course

haha , i think i was overconfident
                        haha, ic.

which yr r u in? I have a few of ur seniors who did intership in my company

Comment

yeah i heard , im only in first yr tho ,haha 2 more years if youre still there and i get posted there ...

Comment

hmmm

Originally posted by jansonfinn View Post
                            Yup, u need more practice. Anyway if u think u can't land in the 1st attempt, abort the landing by throttle up the plane n go for 1 more round b4 coming in again for a landing. (This may repeat many times until u r confident to land it)

Hey, me too, which company r u in? I'm in Goodrich Aerostructures
                            bro just to add my opinion.... hehehe. if cant land in the first attempt and decide to abort, i suggest not bursting the throttle up. it may cause a wing stall and thus causing yr plane to spiral or may even lost control of it. unless the area is really clear then u may wanna try throttling up but u may be risking yr plane. wat i suggest is to perform a few slow low passes over the landing strip so that roughly u can estimate or judge the distance and speed of yr approach. if u dont have the confidence in landing on tarmac, can always practice landing on soft grass first to roughly get the plane landing characteristic... Just my opinion though. hehehe

btw 1047 is the prop size. its 10 x 4.7 and its a SF prop.

romihensem " Back In Business "

Flying is all that matters...
                            sigpic

Comment

bro just to add my opinion.... hehehe. if cant land in the first attempt and decide to abort, i suggest not bursting the throttle up. it may cause a wing stall and thus causing yr plane to spiral or may even lost control of it. unless the area is really clear then u may wanna try throttling up but u may be risking yr plane. wat i suggest is to perform a few slow low passes over the landing strip so that roughly u can estimate or judge the distance and speed of yr approach. if u dont have the confidence in landing on tarmac, can always practice landing on soft grass first to roughly get the plane landing characteristic... Just my opinion though. hehehe

btw 1047 is the prop size. its 10 x 4.7 and its a SF prop.
                              icic , i think ima getting the theory of plane flying ... very diff from heli
                              the field i fly at dun have tarmac sp ima take out the landing gear from the e-starter and scotch tape the plane under belly ~ good idea?

Comment

Working...
                              X