• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All the best for a speedy recovery.

Comment

Speedy recovery bro !

...can't wait to see your electrified "Hellboy" plane

On the issue of safety, we should have the attitude that if someone comes up to you and tells you that you're doing something dangerous, we should thank the guy and not regards him/her a 'pai nan' ...I know nobody likes to be told off, but most times, we forgot or are ignorant of the dangers.
      Seriously running out of ...Storage space !

Comment

Bro take care man. Hope you have a full recovery. Similar thing happened to me 2 years back at BR . Luckily I had only a big "Ba Lu Ku" kanna from u know who...hehe. We became flying friend after that incident and we all became very careful after that.

Sometimes , better to save injury rather than to save the plane. It is not worth it. This is my rule of thumb.
        Too many models , so little time

Comment

Sorry to hear about your mishap.

Sad to say that when things go wrong, many opinions are raised but not when the flying is on. Personally, as a former pilot, we always practiced safety first and I believe it is our each and every duty to voice out if we see an act which is dangerous. Unfortunately the site is not sanctioned and its free for all ...and to keep hostilities away we keep mum....something to think about...

Speedy recovery my friend....hope to see you flying soon.
          Planes: Cap21, Northrop F5E, MK Kingbird, MK Curare, Elster, Jazz60, SouthernX, Zoom 4D

Comment

SAFETY STARTS WITH ME.

Comment

Originally posted by francis View Post
              SAFETY STARTS WITH ME.

Comment

speedy recovery bro!
                erhhh Mr Max...... my bad...

Comment

Originally posted by jonathon bai View Post
                  speedy recovery bro!
                  erhhh Mr Max...... my bad...
                  Wahahahahahah!
                  A long long long long time ago, when we were all so innocent.

Thanx!
                  SLOPE SOARING NOT A CRIME

The irresistible desire, for the irresistibly desired

Multiplex Royal Evo 12 user, and Proud of it.

Comment

Ha Ha . Wei Yao still innocent.

Comment

Johnathan . Cool Bro.

Comment

OK guys, finally got my stitches removed today. All's well, thank goodness.

I think I am lucky as I got off this really bloody accident with just cuts at the back of my head. I'm hoping that this would be a good lesson to all of us and it would be a last of its kind. But the cynic/realist in me tells me otherwise.

With unregulated flying fields, there are un-marked pits area, flyer area and runways. Accidents are more likely to happen in these situations and there's really not much around it. In the end it's really up to each individual (flyer, onlooker, etc) to be vigilant and to practice safety as much as possible.

This being said, it's also up to us to educate new flyers regarding field safety, etiquette. Also it's up to us to remind more experienced flyers if they are out of line. It's daunting yes, but for the sake of safety let's just try our best.

Have many safe flying weekend guys.

Cheers,
                        Adnan
                        Take what you've got and fly with it - Jim Henson
                        ... no plane will allow a pilot to recover from stupid. You still have to do those piloty things... - Joe Wurts
                        Electric things run on smoke. Let the smoke out and they won't work.

sigpic

Comment

Take care bro.

With unsanctioned sites, it is really up to the individuals to discipline and enforce their own form of safety. Francis is correct and to the point - Safety begins with ME.

Some simple flyer precautions to go a long way (I picked this up from RMS):

move significantly ahead of the pit area to stand while flying
                          do not fly the plane behind the pilot line
                          do not fly the plane over the pit area
                          do not fly the plane overhead other ppl or ppl's property
                          make mental prep note of direction to turn away from crowd when doing closebys
                          confirm your frequency is not in clash with somebody else's on your arrival - onus of check-clear is with the most recent arrived flyer
                          ditch your plane rather than hit someone as much as possible
                          make sure your batteries are properly connected and charged the night before

Put oneself in the other's shoes, you will appreciate the above precautions taken to protect you.

Comment

Originally posted by randomtask View Post
                            OK guys, finally got my stitches removed today. All's well, thank goodness.

I think I am lucky as I got off this really bloody accident with just cuts at the back of my head. I'm hoping that this would be a good lesson to all of us and it would be a last of its kind. But the cynic/realist in me tells me otherwise.

With unregulated flying fields, there are un-marked pits area, flyer area and runways. Accidents are more likely to happen in these situations and there's really not much around it. In the end it's really up to each individual (flyer, onlooker, etc) to be vigilant and to practice safety as much as possible.

This being said, it's also up to us to educate new flyers regarding field safety, etiquette. Also it's up to us to remind more experienced flyers if they are out of line. It's daunting yes, but for the sake of safety let's just try our best.

Have many safe flying weekend guys.

Cheers,
                            Adnan
                            Good to hear that. Maybe you should consider making a small tatoo kill marking on the back of your head to remind everybody what you have gone through.

Comment

Originally posted by joe Yap View Post
                              good To Hear That. Maybe You Should Consider Making A Small Tatoo Kill Marking On The Back Of Your Head To Remind Everybody What You Have Gone Through.
                              :l:l:l

Comment

Of course, anyone who knows me well enough will know that this is meant to be a joke. Have fun!

Comment

Working...
                                X