Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

saw one that is going for $7500+ brand new, Petrol driven.

Originally posted by Vortices
    ... I am thinking of getting a golf cart now to lug the planes up and down the slope....

Comment

Originally posted by Ghostfit
      Nice fleet you have there kevin,

Wind-On-Demand will cost alot of money ! (think Rows of giant fans blowing at the slope ! ) ...otherwise we have to depend on the mood of mother nature.
      You can ask God. Very nicely.....

God can we have strong Northeast winds ranging from 10 - 15 knts for today and tomorrow? Amen.
      "Always fly with a responsible attitude. You may think that flying low over other people’s heads is proof of your piloting skill; others know better. The real expert does not need to prove himself in such childish ways..." - the Multiplex Build Manual

Comment

Was at the slope....

Wind was light from the right, than the rain came again and again...now I am home the sky is clear and the wind seem very strong.

Anyway manage to take some pictures in the sun...hopefully better luck next time.

kevin

Comment

Tried at 5. Left at 5.30 pm. Wind was variable after the showers.

One thing confused me.
          "Always fly with a responsible attitude. You may think that flying low over other people’s heads is proof of your piloting skill; others know better. The real expert does not need to prove himself in such childish ways..." - the Multiplex Build Manual

Comment

sorry, the thing that confused me was that even though the clouds indicated there was a northeast wind high up, the winds at ground level were coming from the East and South.

First time I noticed this kind of thing...

Comment

Kevin, you were up there before the rain...I was actually at the foot of the slope walking up when the rain came...

Comment

Originally posted by Sunstorm
                ...the thing that confused me was that even though the clouds indicated there was a northeast wind high up, the winds at ground level were coming from the East and South.
                I learned this during my Windsurfing days, ...This is a sure sign that the NE monsoon is ending as the SW moonsoon pushes it back up north !

Originally posted by Sunstorm
                You can ask God. Very nicely.....

God can we have strong Northeast winds ranging from 10 - 15 knts for today and tomorrow? Amen.
                Nah ! ...I rather ask God ..."Please let me strike Toto or 4D so that I can take a 1 year holiday doing nothing but flying gliders in France or the Swiss Alps"

Originally posted by Vortices
                How was high start at PFW? Joe and I tried before in woodland, wasnt very successful, could not get it up high enough for thermals...may be the bungee was not long enough.

If you have a plane good for winching, get it ready, once the winch is ready, will give you a call. Hopefully this the start of a winching group...will move all winching post to your thread.
                It looked pretty promising, as we were trying it out at 9-10 am, there was not very much thermals so each launch lasted about 2 mins ...we stopped after about 4 attempts as we were holding back the other PFW bros from flying their regular powered models (we were right in the middle of the flying field and they would be flying over our heads ! )

Will be building up and trying to get hold of some F3B/J gliders with strong enough wings to take the stress ! ...Ammo's zoom looks extremely good ! ...time to give him a call !
                Seriously running out of ...Storage space !

Comment

Finally maidened the plane last sunday. Only flew her one flight. The day started off on the wrong foot, had a mid-air during my first flight of the day with ask-21. Though it was nobody's fault but it left a bad taste in the month.

Not wanting to return home with 2 damaged planes, I chose not to push the Fox.

The maiden flight was uneventful, It need 5 clicks up trim. Controls were effective and responsive. No tip stall or adverse yaw was observed. Spoilers were effective and the elevator mix was spot on. It is a faster airplane compared to my ask-21. Cant wait to fly her again.

cheers.

Comment

Flew her again today. Increase the expo, and the flight was much smoother. Latest about 20 odd minutes. Was able to climb quite high. Did 3 consequtive loops and a roll on the way down. It is slightly faster than my ask-21 otherwise flies quite the same. Thanks for all the support and 'encouragement' to push the envelope today. It all good fun.

Hopefully the pro photoman can help take some good airbourne shot during the weekends.

cheers

Comment

Hey Vortices,

Great plane you have there. Anyhow, thanks to you too for your help and guidance in tweaking my flying wing. Definitely will not take to the air so nicely without you helping out.
                      Stop looking for a gyro in my plane, they are all in the head.

Comment

Originally posted by edmond22 View Post
                        Hey Vortices,

Great plane you have there. Anyhow, thanks to you too for your help and guidance in tweaking my flying wing. Definitely will not take to the air so nicely without you helping out.
                        You are welcome. Glad I helped in some small ways. I will be building a funky wing soon to join in the combat.

cheers

Comment

Finally, got some airborne pictures. Had a mid air with Terrance a week ago. Broke the left wing spar at the mating joint of the outer and inner panel. Has since fixed it. Flying better now as I took the opportunity to untwist the slightly twisted left wing panel.

This plane waited 1 year to fly, worth the wait, it flies great with no bad characteristic.

Thanks to Dennis for helping to take the pictures.

cheers.

Last edited by Vortices; 01-02-2009, 11:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X