i'm just reading from 'ezcalc'
    http://brantuas.com/ezcalc/dma1.asp
    Shuttle plus/OS37 rock on!
    Seagull Model Yak 54/SPE 26cc
    scanner/OS46AX COMPLETLY GREAT!

Comment

MicroDan 2505 Speed

Hi all

Had seven flights in all today with my Lightweight Funjet (350g w/o batt) fitted with the MicroDan2505 speed motor. I used an APC 5x5 and the batts used were the FlightPower 1200mah, 1800mah and 2170mah.

Launches were easy for all of the batteries type tested, no torque roll at half throttle. A firm toss was all it needed.

Flight times were relatively kept between 6-7 minutes for all batteries, I just had to do more throttle management for the 1200. All the batts came in at around 11.1v-11.2v after flight. Batteries came in warm and the motor relatively cool. Seriously, it is like as if I hadn't flown the plane.

Keeping the plane light with this motor drive setup made the FJ alot of fun. High alpha harriers could be easily pulled off. But that's the most I can do for now given y limited experience and skill in handling planes of this nature.

All I can say is: the hype this motor was given on RCGroups was not unfounded.

This can be a serious consideration but, it is an outrunner. Modifications have to be made if you're using the stock motor mount. I ditched the stock motor mount for a wooden mount.

Cheers
      Adnan
      Take what you've got and fly with it - Jim Henson
      ... no plane will allow a pilot to recover from stupid. You still have to do those piloty things... - Joe Wurts
      Electric things run on smoke. Let the smoke out and they won't work.

sigpic

Comment

yup i have to agree that the microdan motor is one of the best motor i've seen. It's light weight and efficient. Flew with randomtask today and saw it in action. It's just amazing. Here are some photos of the motor

Multiplex Parkmaster 3D
        Tarot 450SE V2

Comment

that is one fierce looking blackbird
          yeah this MicroDan2505 speed is in a league of its own & able to outperform even mega inrunners. It has high efficiency & excellent cooling so you can even push it to 5s if you want insane speed.
          sigpic

Comment

Any one knows if funjet can go with scorpion 222-8 and 55A ESC on 3S lipo?
            Scratch building is more than cutting balsa wood and gluing them. Its a complex process that will test even the most resilient of people

Comment

Working...
            X