Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BL choice for Funjet

Hi all
    I have bought a Hacker B20 18L for my fun jet, with a 30A hacker ESC, 2200mah TP 3S lipo, is this setup suitable for a funjet?
    Shuttle plus/OS37 rock on!
    Seagull Model Yak 54/SPE 26cc
    scanner/OS46AX COMPLETLY GREAT!

Hi James,

yes the motor is suitable for funjet and it can also be used for the pylon sokol. but this is a 3086kv motor so you need to keep the prop small (try APC 5x5 prop for a start) to keep it within 30A. Try to borrow a wattmeter if you can to measure the current drain on a prop. don't fly alone as this is a delta wing plane so it's flying characteristic is different from your normal planes.

I suggest you build the plane first and come join us this coming weekend at bedok field. I have wattmeter & many speed props for you to try out the best combinations.

If your dad is not free to drive you to bedok field this weekend, let me know as I can ask my friend to give you a ride since he stays nearby your area.

We have great success on flying the funjet on 4s lipo too, so if you want more speed without increasing the current drain you can consider that in future. but your motor & esc must be able to take the 4s voltage and watts.
    sigpic

Comment

the only thing i'm concerned about is what happens if i put 30A through the motor... can it take it

Comment

I think the B20 may be a little small for the funjet. I'm using Mega 4T and 6.5x5.5 prop to drive it. 20+ amps draw...

Comment

you are right. I didn't know the B20 18L has such a low current rating of only 12A continuous or burst of 18A. more info at:

while you can still fly the funjet with this motor you have to use a small prop but the plane will fly slow and poor thrust and you need to keep the plane really light. the wattmeter will come in handy to ensure that you do not exceed 12A. but this motor will work on sokol well because the airframe of sokol is so streamline and efficient (as compared to funjet) that you do not need a high watt power system to fly the sokol fast.

btw I just received shipment last night for a killer outrunner motor that can go 100mph for funjet on 3s. we will be trying it this weekend.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by domwong
            I think the B20 may be a little small for the funjet. I'm using Mega 4T and 6.5x5.5 prop to drive it. 20+ amps draw...
            hi domwong,

where do you fly your funjet?
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by domwong
              My Funjet on Mega 4T on 6x4 is drawing around 24A static. 6.5x5.5 should be close to 30A.

Comment

Correct. 20+, closer to 30amps...

Originally posted by $h@d0w
                My Funjet on Mega 4T on 6x4 is drawing around 24A static. 6.5x5.5 should be close to 30A.

Comment

Sir, I fly my FJ anywhere as it goes into the boot very easily. Usually big open fields. Away from the crowds as I dont to risk a fast jet hitting anyone...

I once fly the FJ at a soccer field near Tanglin. The field is surrounded by tall trees and is in a mini-valley. It's very quiet there and the sound (and echo) of the motor noise is dammed shiok!!

Originally posted by Unorthodox_Sniper
                  hi domwong,

where do you fly your funjet?

Comment

hmm... this is quite interesting, as the fella from ntc recommended this motor to me for a fast flying funjet, which is obviously complete nonsense, i will see if i can get a refund on it, and order a mega or one of your motors unorthodox 100mph sounds good

Comment

I'm trying out these microdan speed on my lightweight FunJet. Will give a flight report if the motor doesn't come flying off in mid air.

Cheers
                      Adnan
                      Take what you've got and fly with it - Jim Henson
                      ... no plane will allow a pilot to recover from stupid. You still have to do those piloty things... - Joe Wurts
                      Electric things run on smoke. Let the smoke out and they won't work.

sigpic

Comment

hello gentlemen,
                        i managed to get the hacker refunded from ntc, and i've borowed a friends mega 16/15/3 which is rated for anything upto 30A and moto calc says that i'll be drawing about 22A with a 5x5 on 3s 2100mah, tp lipos. should also be able to generate pretty good speed, aswell as sufficent thrust. will let you know when bird is ready, and will pay a visit to the JW field
                        thanks for your help... so far

Comment

Originally posted by jamesg25
                          hello gentlemen,
                          i managed to get the hacker refunded from ntc, and i've borowed a friends mega 16/15/3 which is rated for anything upto 30A and moto calc says that i'll be drawing about 22A with a 5x5 on 3s 2100mah, tp lipos. should also be able to generate pretty good speed, aswell as sufficent thrust. will let you know when bird is ready, and will pay a visit to the JW field
                          thanks for your help... so far
                          22A on a Mega 3T on 5x5 is on the low side. You might want to drop a little down to 4.75x4.75 and use an amp meter to measure.

Comment

yeah, sorry not 22A predicted, 28A predicted, on the 5x5, the predicted for the 4.75x4.75 is 24A. the pitch speed is actually the same, just a reduced thrust, so yeah, ok i'll give a that prop a try!

Comment

mega 3 on 475x475 is around 30 ~ 32amps using tp 2100
                              i'm a rc sotong. And i know nuts about it.

Comment

Working...
                              X