Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by protyne
    Bro for your base turn you come in before the last row of lamp post?

Too long never land a plane liaoz....Probably "lost it"....
    Sorry bro. Was playing game just now.
    Now I practising turning in before the first lamppost after the zebra crossing. when facing the road across the field, I keep low altitude and make a slow turn. By the time I pass the lamppost I'm almost straighten and can be ready for touch down. But has to be precise. This method I need not worry I fly my plane across xpressway or too low and hit the trees or even hit the lamppost, cos the plane is clear in sight at my location at the zebra crossing. Hehehe. Hope my methods is good.

Comment

Originally posted by HotDogBun
      Sorry bro. Was playing game just now.
      Now I practising turning in before the first lamppost after the zebra crossing. when facing the road across the field, I keep low altitude and make a slow turn. By the time I pass the lamppost I'm almost straighten and can be ready for touch down. But has to be precise. This method I need not worry I fly my plane across xpressway or too low and hit the trees or even hit the lamppost, cos the plane is clear in sight at my location at the zebra crossing. Hehehe. Hope my methods is good.
      Definitely sounds

Was driving over the bridge that day and realise my base leg is way too close to the e-way. I could well be over it for all i know.Will adopt your base and finals line up.

Cheers
      Practice makes permanent. Perfect practice makes perfect.

Comment

Definitely sounds

Was driving over the bridge that day and realise my base leg is way too close to the e-way. I could well be over it for all i know.Will adopt your base and finals line up.

Cheers
        Therefore IT IS WISER to position yourself at the ZEBRA crossing (halfway down the landing strip) so that you can BETTER JUDGE the final approach distance...

Vise Versa for takeoffs.

Remeber to soind out " Takeoff" or "Landing".

(Check out Pilot's distance ... not only flys good but also remember to look good... also, do remenber to move out of the runway after takeoffs and landings to make way for others using the strip).

Cheers,
        Leon

Comment

Hmm. Leon why the post of the pic? Any special meanings?
          Not on the Zebra crossing right? But at the 2 yellowblack striped lollipops right??? Johnathon, try standing at the lollipop on the right side. The angle seems to give you a more accurate orientation of your plane from the lamppost. If standing on the right lollipop, you can see your approach headon, while on the left its more of side view of the approach.
          Hehe. Hope we land our F1 well soon, then move on to bigger investments!

Comment

Originally posted by HotDogBun
            Hmm. Leon why the post of the pic? Any special meanings?
            Not on the Zebra crossing right? But at the 2 yellowblack striped lollipops right??? Johnathon, try standing at the lollipop on the right side. The angle seems to give you a more accurate orientation of your plane from the lamppost. If standing on the right lollipop, you can see your approach headon, while on the left its more of side view of the approach.
            Hehe. Hope we land our F1 well soon, then move on to bigger investments!
            Balls itchy, was scratching it while taking off lar.

I concur with Leon, I still see some people taking off before the fire hydrant despite being informed about the safety portion lol. At least, from what I have observed, we far far less incidents of plane crashing near the holding area now than before, gone too were the days of flyers "chasing their" plane across the runway too kekeke.
            Stop looking for a gyro in my plane, they are all in the head.

Comment

Originally posted by edmond22
              Balls itchy, was scratching it while taking off lar.

I concur with Leon, I still see some people taking off before the fire hydrant despite being informed about the safety portion lol. At least, from what I have observed, we far far less incidents of plane crashing near the holding area now than before, gone too were the days of flyers "chasing their" plane across the runway too kekeke.

Also our famed "Mr 6 and Mrs 7" not too much bussiness these days... Good Job in keeping the Fear Factor at the hanger area down at minimum.
              safety --> savings.

In fact I think the most fearful experience I had recently comes from the toy heli flyers with their families on Sunday evenings... One crash landed meters off the hanger area on top of the parked lorry yesterday.

Maybe one day we will have enough to roster a Air traffic controller at the lollipops marshalling landing and takeoff activities.

Cheers,
              Leon

Comment

My new Formosa setup

1. Motor - Revox KA20-20L
                2. ESC - HobbyWing 18A
                3. Lipo - TP 1320mah
                4. Prop - APC 9x6E
                5. Weight - 480g with Lipo
                6. Brand - GWS

50% Throttle - 4A ; 75% - 10A ; 100% - 13A

Comment

My new Formosa setup

1. Motor - Revox KA20-20L
                  2. ESC - HobbyWing 18A
                  3. Lipo - TP 1320mah
                  4. Prop - APC 9x6E
                  5. Weight - 480g with Lipo
                  6. Brand - GWS

50% Throttle - 4A ; 75% - 10A ; 100% - 13A

This is your number....3??
                  Mine is number 5, in terms of repairs!

MS

Comment

Originally posted by msc
                    This is your number....3??
                    Mine is number 5, in terms of repairs!

MS
                    No. 2 - brand new piece. Hope its stays as No. 2

Trying to maiden on Sat morning. Hope the weather holds.

Cheers

Comment

protyne bro,

go get the Formosa 2 la. Not quite as fast as the formosa 1 but handling is solid macam A380 hehe. Then once u get the formosa 2 and built it let me know cuz i wanna get a new one and use filament tape for the control surfaces hinges instead of the time consuming and fragile cut, slot and epxoy GWS mtd. Quite a few times my aileron hinges came loose and foam ripped off too in mid air. Think there's a way to tape the hinges while ensuring full movement so let me know yea.

Comment

No. 2 - brand new piece. Hope its stays as No. 2

Trying to maiden on Sat morning. Hope the weather holds.

Cheers

See you this SAT. I'm in Taipei now, will be back tomorrow night. Went to a crappy hobbyshop last night.
                        After waiting for half hour, the owner came out and I asked the price of an SU31.
                        I think I can call this shop the Champion of Taipei!! Given the cold treatment. I will not be back again!

MS

Comment

Originally posted by msc
                          See you this SAT. I'm in Taipei now, will be back tomorrow night. Went to a crappy hobbyshop last night.
                          After waiting for half hour, the owner came out and I asked the price of an SU31.
                          I think I can call this shop the Champion of Taipei!! Given the cold treatment. I will not be back again!

MS
                          The area you are at only has 1 hobby shop? Thought Taiwan is "haven" for hobby stuff. Hope you have something good around.

Oh well have a safe trip back. Seeya!

Comment

Working...
                          X