Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

estarter mod

Just to share some of the mods we come across for eStarter:
    (bros with eStarter no need to sleep liao...keke..)

1. Straighten the eStarter wing + add 3mm or 4mm carbon rod at CG
    2. cut away the sides on the wing (whatever you call it...anti-stall flaps...)
    3. Tilt motor mount down 2-3degree,right 2-3degree.
    4. Tricycle landing wheels mod...
    5. Re-enforcements
    6. Flaps. Elevator mixing...
    7. Tailwheel mod

etc....

Most of the mods can be found already at RCGroups.com just to be quick...

Mods:

Discussion GWS E-Starter ailerons made simple Beginner Training Area (Aircraft-Electric)

Building eStarter Party -- very good !

Tricycle landing gear

Flaten wing vs dihedral wings <--must download video to see

with Dihedral wing (stock wing)

without Dihedral (flaten wing) loop

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...t=Estarter+mod <--- swee swee details

Feel free to add on more mods links..infos.. to help folks progress on their eStarters....

probably if you ask Leonlio or Chekgu....they have more to add on yah....cheers!
    Punggol Field Walk - Precision Landing Required!

I've posted some of my mods in another thread

look somewhere mid page... pics are all there as well

some of my mods are condemned so please dont follow

Comment

Sorry John, couldn't reply sms last night cos don't want wake up the Phoenix with phone light.
      Thanks for all the info. Will flip through them once I clear the shit around office!

Comment

Me just about to start building the new ES.
        I cut out the alieron, and found that cutting through the foam won't leave a smooth slice, checked penknife blade still the same.
        The manual said use sanding block, just curious for GWS foam planes, can those sandblocks I use for sharpening knives be used on the foam?

Comment

Originally posted by HotDogBun
          I cut out the alieron, and found that cutting through the foam won't leave a smooth slice, checked penknife blade still the same.
          The manual said use sanding block, just curious for GWS foam planes, can those sandblocks I use for sharpening knives be used on the foam?
          NOOOO!!!! you'll shred the foam!!!
          8UHP
          Easyglider stock setup(DECOMMED) (new one coming soon)
          World Models 'Voodoo' mustang

Comment

Originally posted by HotDogBun
            Use super fine sand paper!
            Current Planes : Beaver , IFO (Jan 07) - Given Away, E-Starter (Feb 07) - Hanger, Scratch Built CF Ripstock Bipe (Apr 07) - Hanger, Katana MD (Jul 07) - In Service

Current Heli's : Mini Titan

Graveyard : Supersonic F3A x 2, Extreme Flight Extra 300

Building :

Next Project : TBA

Transmitter : Hitec Laser 4 / 29.***
            Transmitter : Hitec Optic 6 / 72.***
            Transmitter : JR 3810 / 72.***

Comment

slackerz , I haven't use it yet, tempted to try just now
              Ethan, how you define "super fine" any grades to take note?

Comment

sanding block

Find a piece of wooden block double-side-tape sandpaper to it. Use medium-fine grid for foam 400-600. Too rough the foam will be scratched, too fine take a long time to sand.

NOT the knife grinding block... innovative idea though.

Cheers,
                Leon

Comment

Thanks leon.
                  Now I understand why others take weeks just to build a simple plane.
                  I was staring blankly at the manual for ½hr, took me 20min to cut 1 aileron Not simple... takes alot of patience. Now I really appreciates those RTF planes..

Comment

sanding

I wouldn't use super-fine for ordinary GWS-type foam... alright maybe 800, but thats the max.

'cos the original foam is already not very smooth to start with and using finer grade does not really help much. I'll safe the super fine for projects that require smooth glassed and fillered projects.

Wet sanding is a good idea though. Get waterproof type sandpaper. Wet it and sand. Cleaner for the room, as the foam bits/dust does not fly about. Clear the sandpaper by washing.

Cheers,
                    Leon

Comment

I use a hobby knife to cut the foam. Normal pen knife seems to pull foam out along the cut line. It cud just be me...Just a note bro...

Cheers!
                      Practice makes permanent. Perfect practice makes perfect.

Comment

i agree with protyne. get the 30 deg type of blade by "NT" cutter. book shops should sell. its soooooo sharp its comparable to hot wire cutting. change new blades often. you'll see how much easier it will be.
                        "To invent an airplane is nothing. To build one is something. But to fly is everything."- Otto Lilienthal

"To fly a plane, a pilot must have cool brains and hot hands!"- Dennis John De Witt

Fubata 7C 2.4 + T6XAs
                        E-starter (GWS) - On "Fire", Trainer, -Sold
                        SPITFIRE (GWS) - On "Fire", -Sold
                        T-45 Goshhawk 64 mm EDF - Lift-off!
                        UAV Scratch Build Ver1.1 - It flies! -Sold
                        Mini Cessna scratch build - fun!
                        F330 Quadcopter W/KK2 V1.5 - Finally Tuned!
                        Charger- Turnigy AC6
                        sigpic

Comment

Okz, got the mod done. Here are the pics, in sequence of the steps taken.
                          First, I cut into half and trim the wings in the centre to make the wing flat. Once trimed, the V-shaped wing will be not V anymore. Making it a flat wing supposely for better acro moves.

Comment

Once the desired flatness obtained, temporarily tape the wing together, and epoxy. Make sure the entire line cut, has epoxy throughout to hold it together for best strengthen bonding.

Comment

Next, run a 3mm carbon rod along the wing. The original groove is short, for what I intended. So as advised by John, I lengthen the groove with screwdriver.

Comment

Working...
                              X