Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is the Mini Piper J3 RTF a good plane for newbie without any prior experience?

Comment

need advice on the following...
      what does those numerical 9G, 8G, 5G, 3G, etc on the servo refer to, is it referring to higher number is high turning torque?

thanks

Comment

Hey man i started flying last week and the piper is a good plane for starter like you and me, i flew my friend's one and it was great! There's spring system on the landing gear to prevent you from losing wheels from hard landing, plane is also stable. I can even take off on ground with short grasses!

Comment

I am new to flying plane can anyone guide me? where do you guy fly?

Comment

Originally posted by technicapot View Post
            I am new to flying plane can anyone guide me? where do you guy fly?
            I fly in punggol near the waterway. near oasis and damai lrt. you can join me

Comment

Originally posted by widezoom View Post
              need advice on the following...
              what does those numerical 9G, 8G, 5G, 3G, etc on the servo refer to, is it referring to higher number is high turning torque?

thanks
              Not necessary, just treat it as a model number. Always look at the spec, 1.2kg/cm etc.

Comment

hmmm

i thought g is the gear isnt it? MG = metal gear and the numeric usually is the weight of the servo

eg 9MG = 9gram metal gear servo

but its just my assumption. i could be wrong

romihensem " Back In Business "

Flying is all that matters...
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by romihensem View Post
                  i thought g is the gear isnt it? MG = metal gear and the numeric usually is the weight of the servo

eg 9MG = 9gram metal gear servo

but its just my assumption. i could be wrong

This is what i thought also. g is for gram.

Comment

Originally posted by widezoom View Post
                    is the Mini Piper J3 RTF a good plane for newbie without any prior experience?

Well the Piper Cub is an easy way to ease into RC flying. I am a newbie as well and do fly this to warm up before I switch to the second plane.

I think if you are apprehensive, then really advise you get a Cub (piper cub). It's easy to handle. Don't worry about drooling over other 'nice looking planes'. Because its better to have a Cub and fly it and land it and fly it again and again. Think about that versus getting a 'nice plane' which you may not be able to handle and crash it the 1st time out.

If you want to start, shop around inside this forum in the market place and look for people who want to sell off their RTF beginner planes. I bought 2 batteries, cos once you get the hang of it, you want to take off again.

I am not much help other than that as I am still a newbie. Enjoy yourself.

Comment

hi

hi all iam a newbie to rc planes i got a skywalker gliger.i do not know how to fly ,is there any kind soul who can help me out?

Comment

Bahahhahahaha

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA GD JOKE DELTA...

If you want to troll something, do it elsewhere!

Comment

may i please know how is this a good joke???

i was just asking for help seems like u got a problem with that.:toetap05:if u cant offer the help, then just screw off instead of just commenting to increase ur bloody post count.

btw u cant troll something or objects u can only troll living human beings!

thank you,

delta

Mod: Mind your language. Do not use the f word in this forum.

Comment

Skywalker

The skywalker is a pretty easy plane to fly and handle! when taking off, about 50-75% throttle will do, give it slight toss and it will just climb. if it dives, just full throttle and pitch up, easy. if handling wise, i wouldnt say the aileron is very sensitive or elevator and rudder, and it glides pretty well. You should be able to fly a skywalker since you fly warbirds right? i guess that was what the previous post meant. so dont get so angsty and enjoy the hobby with the RC community. Hope this helped!
                            Cheers
                            Shayne

Comment

Help...

I have purchase a KingTech Power EPS with a T-motor T1804 ,ESC Tahmazo Pro-CS-13 13V
                              Soldered the points together already , plug into the battery 2cell 240MAH (35C)
                              turn on transmitter, then tried to push the trottle but the motor not turning , is it the soldering problem or...
                              After a while the battery bloated up some chemical leak i guess the battery is spoiled ,any recommend which battery should i get and what's the problem connected
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	20121020_233524.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	576.5 KB
ID:	985705

Comment

FMS EPO Red Dragonfly

Hi, I'm a newbie looking to start RC plane. Saw the FMS EPO Red Dragonfly in Jet Hobby site.
                                It says that its a great plane for beginner. Any beginner had experience with this plane?

Thanks.

cheers
                                EK

Comment

Working...
                                X