This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kirakun View Post
    thx for the guided. I try it 1st. as I built for fun n will take my 1st flight when I got time. now is for static display.
    dont get me wrong bro, its not a matter of u crashing the plane. its a matter of safety, not only for u, others as well as properties. its best if u get someone experience with u

romihensem " Back In Business "

Flying is all that matters...
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by romihensem View Post
      dont get me wrong bro, its not a matter of u crashing the plane. its a matter of safety, not only for u, others as well as properties. its best if u get someone experience with u
      roger that.

Comment

Originally posted by Valjean View Post
        Thanks for the useful newbie guide!

Which 4ch planes would you recommend for newbies?

Also, since planes and helis need only 4chs to fly, what are the other chs used for? I see heli-flyers using 9chs tx and for airplanes you guys recommend 6chs tx.

Cheers!
        I would recommend that you get the Cessna 747-I. Its available at Jet Hobby Singapore, if you stay in singapore that is. It's hardier than the E-starter and easier to build as well, but the downside is that it goes quite fast on a downwind. However, it's relatively resistant to wind, easy to transport.

Comment

damn i just realised i replied a post from 2006. i just owned myself.

Comment

a lot of the users here are....quite mature. they might not get the meaning of 'own' or 'pwn'.
            "Always fly with a responsible attitude. You may think that flying low over other people’s heads is proof of your piloting skill; others know better. The real expert does not need to prove himself in such childish ways..." - the Multiplex Build Manual

Comment

Originally posted by kontrabandzz View Post
              damn i just realised i replied a post from 2006. i just owned myself.
              then sell it away lah

Comment

Newbie Simulator Question

Just got my DX6i Mode 2, got my connector to my computer, downloaded the FMS software, basic type, started the FMS,connected the cable,turned on the remote,now whats next?????? I tried some stuff but the TX does not seem to control the plane,no response, is there a setting for the TX. I apologize for the question, its so dumb.So right now, I just practice with the keyboard instead, i fly 4 minutes before i crash.

Comment

Selling

Any beginners want to buy a new Cessna 747I?

Selling it with brushless motor and Esc at $180!

Great for beginners!

Comment

Originally posted by Valjean View Post
                    Are there frequent funflies at Tampines Bike Trail? Any this weekend? Would love to come look-see look-see before I decide to invest so much in a new hobby.

Actually still deciding between rc plane and rc car (drifting).

HAHAHAHA...well bro..i am into drifting and also crashing..
                    both are actually fun depends on the kakis u haf..
                    I have been drifting for the past 1 year.. struggled off alone with no friends to teach me..it ain't as esay as it looks..
                    but well.. after gettin to know some pros.. now i am able to battle out with em..

As for flying, the truth is that it is so much fun when ur flying the plane..i just started learning only..lucky for me i got some good trainers to help me out.. (Rahmat and buddies from team Ecstatic)
                    My most favourite aerial stunt is called Banzai..most of the time when i fly...dats my most popular aerial stunt...fly and nose dive full throttle into the ground (Esp when the wind blow my plane..I am not simulator trained)..

The damage compare to RC drifting is really costly even tho the parts are way much cheaper than drift cars..

for a start..buy 2nd hand..at least heart still no pain..but well..nothing's gonna stop me...i tink i will just keep on practicing and buying more planes..

Follow ur heart bro..
                    if u play both..ur pockets will get burnt..

if u want 2nd hand drift car and parts...contact me bro..

Comment

KDS Tx n Rx

Originally posted by alamin2 View Post
                      Do note that Transmitters would normally cost Above $200 for a 6channel ones.

6channels are recommended as it gives you more freedom and space for future usage.

A basic look on prices for a supercub.

All prices are for references only on roughly how much things will cost

TT Super Cub = $55.70
                      Servos for rudder and elevator *2 = se-06 servos X2 = $36(abt 18 each)
                      Lipo battery : Etec 1250 about $45
                      apache 2030 charger = $60

for a 4cha Tx+Rx = laser 4 @ $180
                      or laser 4@217++ for Tx, rx + servos

*DISCLAIMER* Im not responsible if prices vary from purchases. prices are used for references and may not be the latest .
                      You can get KDS Tx n Rx (model K-7x for $129), although 6 chn, u can use the same Tx for 7 planes or Helis

Comment

Hi guys,
                        I have 2 questions for all.

1) Is aerial photography or FPV really illegal in S'pore?

2) Which Plane do you think will work better for an absolute beginner with NO flying experience at all? GWS SlowStick or GWS PicoStick? If there are any other cheaper suggestions, i will be happy to hear them

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by _zachary_63 View Post
                          Hi guys,
                          I have 2 questions for all.

1) Is aerial photography or FPV really illegal in S'pore?

2) Which Plane do you think will work better for an absolute beginner with NO flying experience at all? GWS SlowStick or GWS PicoStick? If there are any other cheaper suggestions, i will be happy to hear them

Thanks!
                          U should just fly somewhere with less cars , building, mrt tracks etc. Get a Cloudsfly or Skysurfer , no regrets for a beginner pilot. And im not sure if aerial photgraphy is legal in sg. And do look for an experienced flyer to maiden or guide u, best with the buddy cord system.
                          RC IS A POISON!

Comment

Originally posted by jimmchew View Post
                            U should just fly somewhere with less cars , building, mrt tracks etc. Get a Cloudsfly or Skysurfer , no regrets for a beginner pilot. And im not sure if aerial photgraphy is legal in sg. And do look for an experienced flyer to maiden or guide u, best with the buddy cord system.
                            A total newbie to this...if i were to get the skysurfer or the cloudfly, wat does it comes with? Any other things that i need to get? Wat are the prices like? Im a new guy venturing to my latest craze...fell in love when i saw the experts play their rc planes at tuas...went there on 2 weekends jus to see them play!!! And i stay in the east...really need some advice on where to get them stuffs!!!! Much appreciated seniors!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by dustydii View Post
                              A total newbie to this...if i were to get the skysurfer or the cloudfly, wat does it comes with? Any other things that i need to get? Wat are the prices like? Im a new guy venturing to my latest craze...fell in love when i saw the experts play their rc planes at tuas...went there on 2 weekends jus to see them play!!! And i stay in the east...really need some advice on where to get them stuffs!!!! Much appreciated seniors!!!!
                              cloudfly comes with kit now, at JH not so conveineint to build as a beginner,cloudfly got rtf/pnp .may be around $400 is sufficient yo start this hobby. JH located at ubi ave 3 VERTEX BUILDING.
                              RC IS A POISON!

Comment

Originally posted by jimmchew View Post
                                cloudfly comes with kit now, at JH not so conveineint to build as a beginner,cloudfly got rtf/pnp .may be around $400 is sufficient yo start this hobby. JH located at ubi ave 3 VERTEX BUILDING.
                                Thank you bro for the prompt reply...err, wats rtf/pnp?
                                I did went to JH a few days back...saw alot of planes. As none of my friends are into it, i was lost...but i might go back to see wat is available for newbies like me....

Comment

Working...
                                X