Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bro , maybe you may get one of our guys here to go with you . In case ... .

Comment

Originally posted by onelegkick View Post
      Hi All

I am a newbie and wanting to get into Rc flying, but have been deterred by attitude I have to deal with.

My english is not perfect, and also my age. I am old and retired.

Walking into Hobby shops all over singapore, the sales people or shop people are very very unfriendly amnd unhelpful.

I am a begiinner and so of course I ask basic questions like

a. What kind of Transmitter, what you do you recommend as I dont want to end up with too many TX...

b. What kind of plane etc...

c. What kind of after sales support etc...

When JH open in Ubi, I thought maybe at last a big store and looked friendly enough.

I went there 4 times to try to get attention for help. Ask about Dx6i TX, the guy behind the counter looked at me like I cannot even afford to buy kopi and dont even bother to explain or show me the TX.

This is the same with the smaller shops near the Hong Lim complex etc...
      I am beginning to wonder if RC flying has become too elitist for my taste.

I am so turned off, my wife told me to go online and buy better instead of giving business to people with attitude problem
      hello and welcome. I dont login often .. and i havent flown in months but here's my take :

a) your best choice for a transmitter would be DX6i. THough im using optic 6, the availability for 3rd party receivers for dx6i is a plus point. i can show you my optic 6 if you want

b) what kind of plane? As discussed many times( you can read the first page ) you can go for e-starter , cessna. all are high wing planes meant for beginners. I would like to recommend you a mini cessna that JH is also selling, but considering you were saying that you're at the retirement age, i wouldnt recommend it cause its small.. hard to spot it. but you can have a look if you want.

c) aftersales.. so far ive never gone back to shops for aftersales so i wont know

I stay in tampines by the way, can contact me anytime and we can go down to shops together

Which character are you test by

Comment

Originally posted by onelegkick View Post
        Hi All

I am a newbie and wanting to get into Rc flying, but have been deterred by attitude I have to deal with.

My english is not perfect, and also my age. I am old and retired.

Walking into Hobby shops all over singapore, the sales people or shop people are very very unfriendly amnd unhelpful.

I am a begiinner and so of course I ask basic questions like

a. What kind of Transmitter, what you do you recommend as I dont want to end up with too many TX...

b. What kind of plane etc...

c. What kind of after sales support etc...

When JH open in Ubi, I thought maybe at last a big store and looked friendly enough.

I went there 4 times to try to get attention for help. Ask about Dx6i TX, the guy behind the counter looked at me like I cannot even afford to buy kopi and dont even bother to explain or show me the TX.

I am so turned off, my wife told me to go online and buy better instead of giving business to people with attitude problem
        The JH boss is rather soft spoken and not 'talkative'. so maybe you are misinterpret him as 'tao'. I had the same problem when I started.

Try asking the malay woman, she is talkative

you say your english not good but what you type here is very good. unless you get your son/daughter/wife to translate and type for you??

You sometimes need to say the right thing.

Just say "I am a beginner and I want to start flying RC. Can you tell me what to buy?"

then....they will sell you all the stuff

be prepared to part with maybe 300 - 500 worth of cash
        "Always fly with a responsible attitude. You may think that flying low over other people’s heads is proof of your piloting skill; others know better. The real expert does not need to prove himself in such childish ways..." - the Multiplex Build Manual

Comment

need folks advice.

I'm a newbie to RC hobby and will be keen to start with RTF EPO EDF jet and have few concerns.
          - can a novice fly a EDF jet without any prior experience on RC plane.
          - is there any specific area for RC planes flying in SGP
          - any suggestion for newbie to start with

thanks

Comment

Try reading the very first post on this thread, and you will have your answers on what to start with.

Not advisable to start with a jet. For your own safety and the safety of others. - this hobby is not a toy, serious injury can and will occur if mishandled.
            huh

Comment

thanks for ur reply. will heed ur advice and start with something simple...probably will take lots of practice before able to handle a EDF jet.

Comment

Try a Cessna or high wing etc. sky surfer also not bad. I also a newbie. It's always good to go with a better Tx like DX8. Scale flying might come to your liking.
                sigpic

I want to learn how to HOVER...lol

Training orientation MSRx with DX8 , Training up to TDR....Realflight 6.0

May Ah Pa bless me with the will to fly and stop buying Heli till i can hover...lol

Comment

wow... DX8 seem to be very high end type and expensive.

will the follow RTF plane a good start up for novice?
                  http://www.*********.com/*********/s...ting_RTF_.html

Comment

Or maybe u can try the hobby king website for those RTF and see whether u like it.
                    sigpic

I want to learn how to HOVER...lol

Training orientation MSRx with DX8 , Training up to TDR....Realflight 6.0

May Ah Pa bless me with the will to fly and stop buying Heli till i can hover...lol

Comment

Well if DX8 is too exp , then try DX7 lor . Or maybe even DX6 if you are flying plane only .

Comment

probably will just try out those RTF to get a feel on it first.
                        btw I saw some brands got include software which can hook TX to computer for flight simulation right?

I think those DX TX are for those pro user. :-)
                        can those DX TX able to use on any brand RC planes?

Thanks folks for the guidance.

Comment

Yes DX and many other brand like Futaba , JR , HITEC and some other brand range of tx belong to professional range of tx and yes it can be used for any range of plane , heli and some even used it for cars , trucks and even boats . FYI , DX belongs to Specktrum brand .

Phoenix simulator software can accept many brands of tx to be used on your pc for you to practice but you may need adaptors for some brands . Although it tends to be packaged with DX5 or 6 i not sure , as a complete set . Simulator software can help you save money by familiarising yourself with the controls of plane or heli before you try the real thing saving yourself from repairs if you crash .

And also you need to decide which mode is more suitable for you . Common mode are mode 1 or 2 , some even use 3 or 4 but are less common . Even when you buy RTF set , the shop owner or salesguy will still ask you which mode you prefer if they have more then 1 mode available .

Comment

I suppose those small Cessna type (park flyer) RTF will be a good start for newbie as crashes will be inevitable. So those Simulator software actually got to be bought separately.
                            The DX TX truly look awesome but also intimidating to a newbie.

Comment

Depending on where you stay , i would advise you to fly with others at a funfly so that you can ask for advise in case anything goes wrong or don't know .

Its normal to feel intimidated by the looks of the tx , but slowly you will get used to it as they really offer alot of other functions as compared to those analogue tx offered by RTF kit .

Comment

Hey man i'm new in RC flying too, recently just spent $250+ on some starter planes on *********, now thinking of getting a good simulator while waiting for my stuff to arrive

Comment

Working...
                                X