Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1 . I'm using the stock fan unit from GWS .

2 . Dunno whats the brand of the BL motor , got it from jet hobby. 2 x 3200 Kv not that powerful , but enough for me . If u wants power go for the 4600 kv , i've seen that on a ME262 and it was fast .

3 . I've tried using 1 x 3s 2200 mah 25c , abt 3 mins of flight . Also 2 x 1500 mah 15c 3 mins flight no prob too .

As mention by Vincopter , CG very impt . Mine crashes due to batt not secured properly and plane was boobing up and down . Trying to blame the plane but actually the pilot lousy too . Haha....

Comment

Originally posted by VinCopter View Post
      How to tell amps draw of a power system, I can only think of the following ways;
      1. Check data sheets of the EDF and motor, may have some indications.
      2. Look for tested results on the web, maybe someone out there with the same setup.
      3. Get the stuff; EDF, motor, ESC, Watt meter (can borrow from friends at the ff), Lipo. Hock it up and run it to get the amp draw.

Once you have the amp draw, than decide what lipo pack can support the power system.

There are two setup mention above, both suggesting 25A ESC which total to 50A. You can either get one pack or two or more packs in parallel, to meet the amp draw.

The key here, as always, is balancing; including the c.g. of the whole plane.
      ic.

Can i use a multimeter to check the amps drawn instead?

Comment

Gws A-10

Here's an old thread that I'vce dug up.

It's in post #19
        The flying pics is in previous page...

I personally think that the A-10 is not a good candidate for high-speed flight. The wing are designed to give a good lift because of its in-build under-camber. It does not need a great deal of speed to stay airborne.

As for the reinforcement, I used a flat strip carbon. The pic should explain the mod. I don't notice too much adverse difference in speed.

Cheers,
        Leon

Comment

Originally posted by leonlio View Post
          Here's an old thread that I'vce dug up.

It's in post #19
          The flying pics is in previous page...

I personally think that the A-10 is not a good candidate for high-speed flight. The wing are designed to give a good lift because of its in-build under-camber. It does not need a great deal of speed to stay airborne.

As for the reinforcement, I used a flat strip carbon. The pic should explain the mod. I don't notice too much adverse difference in speed.

Cheers,
          Leon
          Thanks for the link n tips bro.

Now i need to selected motor for my GWS EDF55 fan. The motor cases must be less 29mm n shaft less than 2mm. Any recommendations?

Comment

Can use the multimeter, provided it has at least 30A range to select.

Can start with similat motor spec as indicated in Post #2, also in the video.

Oh the one in the video uses 3 pieces of 13C 1320 mAh in parallel.
            Share the joy of flying . . .

Comment

Originally posted by VinCopter View Post
              Can use the multimeter, provided it has at least 30A range to select.

Can start with similat motor spec as indicated in Post #2, also in the video.

Oh the one in the video uses 3 pieces of 13C 1320 mAh in parallel.
              alright, will check if my multimeter got the 30A selection to choose with when i reach home.

Btw, where should i place my multimeter probes to get the readings. Between the ESC n the motor? Or Between the lipo n the ESC?

Comment

Originally posted by jansonfinn View Post
                alright, will check if my multimeter got the 30A selection to choose with when i reach home.

Btw, where should i place my multimeter probes to get the readings. Between the ESC n the motor? Or Between the lipo n the ESC?
                Between Lipo and ESC, you want to measure the amp that the Lipo is supplying. If your multimeter is the probe type, than it has to be in series with the Lipo and ESC. If clamp type, just clamp onto one of the Lipo wire will do.
                Share the joy of flying . . .

Comment

Working...
                X