Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Lipo battery to use, please advise...

Collapse

Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks.
    As you could see another lesson learned: make sure the bungee hook can not get stuck on the plane

Comment

Wattmeter....

Hi Warbird,
      Have gotten a Wattmeter from SHS at around the recommanded price. Yesterday night solder the battery and ESC connector and did a test.
      Using the early post equipments with Thunderbird 18A ESC. During the inital testing, while at 70% throttle at around 4.5A the pro fly off the motor spindle. Now proxy the pro to the spindle, waiting to test tonight again.

Just a question.. Do a plane need the same amount of thrust to move the same amount of a fully loaded plane. example, plane weight 300grams and the thrust is also at 300grams, will it able to push it or it does need more than 300grams for it. If I increase the wing area to increase the lift, will I need more thrust or less.
      Any advise......
      Thanks in advance.

Best Regards
      Tanbenson

Comment

Hello Benson,

It depends on the type of plane you are flying.
        Airliners for example do not require a 1:1 thrust to weight ratio and the big wing area will still give it enough light to fly. Fast models with a small wing area and high wing loading however need a higher thrust / weigh ratio to stay airborne.

This is a rough guideline thrust to weight ratio:

0.3 - 0.4 for slow models like airliners

0.4 - 0.6 for medium fast models and ROG of slow models

0.6 - 0.8 for fast jets and ROG of medium fast jets

> 0.8 this is where the fun starts - very fast jets, ROG of fast jets.

Comment

My first DIY plane.

Dear Guys,

Below is my DIY Plane, still have some construction to carry on. Anyone can advise what type of control is suitable to this type of plane? e.g Elevator, Aileron.
          Equipment list.
          1. 11.1V 1050mah 12C battery 68grms
          2. CC Thunderbirds 18T 17grms
          3. GWS 50mm 3 blade EDF, 120series FeiGao BL motor. 32grms
          4. 2 or 3 9grms servos. 27grms
          5. HItec 6 Ch RX 20grms
          6. Plane weight is about 60grms.

total weight is about 204 grms
          Estimated by the manufacturer of FeiGao motor with the GWS EDF with 11.1v is about 157grms Static Thrust. Not sure if is able to fly it with is thrust.

Thanks in Advance.

Best Regards
          TanBenson

Very much appreciated for your supports and kind advises. Thanks for viewing.

Comment

50 mm edf

Hi Benson,may I know if the prop use is push force into the motor shaft.
            Try to avoid force feed shaft mounting Fan. They are crappy. Likely to loose the prop in mid flight.
            Get one with a grubscrew or a proper nut tightened set up EDF.

By the way, my compliment to your nice model. I hope it flies well.

I am moving to smaller Fan.

Thinking of going to Wemotec Micro-Fan for my next jet setup.

Just curious, can the Wemotec microfan takes a regular Brushless motor with a body diameter of 24mm and a shaft of 2.3mm? This dimension is similar to the classic speed 400 or the mabuchi 380 motor.

Cheers
            Babylon5

Originally posted by Tanbenson
            Hi Warbird,
            Have gotten a Wattmeter from SHS at around the recommanded price. Yesterday night solder the battery and ESC connector and did a test.
            Using the early post equipments with Thunderbird 18A ESC. During the inital testing, while at 70% throttle at around 4.5A the pro fly off the motor spindle. Now proxy the pro to the spindle, waiting to test tonight again.

Just a question.. Do a plane need the same amount of thrust to move the same amount of a fully loaded plane. example, plane weight 300grams and the thrust is also at 300grams, will it able to push it or it does need more than 300grams for it. If I increase the wing area to increase the lift, will I need more thrust or less.
            Any advise......
            Thanks in advance.

Best Regards
            Tanbenson

Comment

Originally posted by Babylon5

Just curious, can the Wemotec microfan takes a regular Brushless motor with a body diameter of 24mm and a shaft of 2.3mm? This dimension is similar to the classic speed 400 or the mabuchi 380 motor.

Cheers
              Babylon5
              Yes it can. Motors up to 25mm diameter. Prop adaptors are available in 2.00mm, 2.30mm and 3.17mm

Comment

Lipo to use for Feigao 120 series BL motor.

Hi Guys,

I need some pointers for the battery that to be use on a plane:

1. GWS 40mm EDF 6-Blade.
                2. Feigao 5800kv 120 series BL motor. Max 5.5A ( recommanded 7.4V )
                3. CC Ph-10 ESC
                4. A plane of ParkFlyer size semi-balsa and foams, gross weight around 150g.
                5. Using 2 servo (6.5gr/each ) for V-tail.

As it is a small plane and the weight is vital hence also the CG for it, I will need a suitable battery. I have zero down to TP 480mAH (23gr,7.2A)which is 15C constant and TP 730mAH (34gr,9.5A)which is 13C constant. I not sure which battery is better as my thinking and concern is that the 480mAH may not have longer flight-time than 730mAH. Also the cost is almost the same.
                Anyone using this sort of equipments what type of battery do you recommand?

Best Regards
                TanBenson.

Comment

Working...
                X