Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flye View Post
    unless you wanna spend that kind of money, it's better to invest in a desktop drill press that mounts an electric hand held drill.

Can this be used with those Bosch hammer drill sold in Homefix? I saw this drill press in SLT on Friday. Hopefully not too expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by Wongster View Post
      Can this be used with those Bosch hammer drill sold in Homefix? I saw this drill press in SLT on Friday. Hopefully not too expensive.
      the last time i check in homefix range from $50+ to slightly above $100, SLT could have a better price.

there is a diameter stated at the clamping area,
      you have to check if your drill have the "round flat neck" for clamping,
      (the place where we place the additional front handle).
      check against that diameter.

else the next thing is to look at the box or manual , which should tell us which drill model can be used.

worst case, bring the drill along to test.

Its a Great day, lets fly, crawl, and fight.

XRB SR Lama
      Robotis Bioloid
      Robot Bear

<a href="http://asherong.sg">http://asherong.sg</a>

Comment

Thanks flye.

I really need to improve my searching skill. Been going round and round on "drill press" with wide range of result.

What was the search string you used? I'm going over to SLT to check out the price of that piece I saw. The shop is at the basement operates by an elderly couple with a young guy. Pretty messy shop.

Do post more pics of your build and don't forget the video when you're doing your first run.

Comment

beside SLT, Rochor Centre, Blk 1 Rochor Road

there is some hardware shop, level 1 have a shop selling some small machine,
          you might want to take a look too.

think they only operate during office hours.

XRB SR Lama
          Robotis Bioloid
          Robot Bear

Comment

Thanks flye.

I really need to improve my searching skill. Been going round and round on "drill press" with wide range of result.

What was the search string you used? I'm going over to SLT to check out the price of that piece I saw. The shop is at the basement operates by an elderly couple with a young guy. Pretty messy shop.

Do post more pics of your build and don't forget the video when you're doing your first run.
            erm... i used 'drill press' too, actually it's called bench drill press.

Comment

Originally posted by pilot_bear View Post
              beside SLT, Rochor Centre, Blk 1 Rochor Road

there is some hardware shop, level 1 have a shop selling some small machine,
              you might want to take a look too.

think they only operate during office hours.

Thanks pilot_bear. Hope I've the time to check it out tomorrow.

Comment

Went to Lital Materials and bought some alu profiles today.

Price was $13/ piece which is 460mm long.

it actually cost cheaper than the raw aluminium bars i buy before!

of course alu profiles consist of lesser material than solid alu bars, but rigidity wise it's as good.

if i know earlier i would have used all profile to make my structure

Ok some good things about profiles:

1) they are much lighter.
                2) they will cut to your exact length and the cut surface is clean and square cut (no need to do any more machining)
                3) Surface is much nicer.
                4) they come in metric sizes

i really recommend it to anyone who need to build their structures to use alu profiles. Save yourself a lot of troubles.

Comment

Good to know that there are others that sell to consumers

Is the 460mm their standard length or cut to your requirement? How wide is the profile?

I would like my base to be of 530mm by 530mm. Will check them out when I am able to. Do they've like sample pieces in their shop/office?

Comment

Good to know that there are others that sell to consumers

Is the 460mm their standard length or cut to your requirement? How wide is the profile?

I would like my base to be of 530mm by 530mm. Will check them out when I am able to. Do they've like sample pieces in their shop/office?
                    it's cut to my requirements

check out their website for all the profiles that they carry.

Comment

Thanks dude. I visited their site. Nothing beats holding some onhand to try flexing them.

Comment

my profile is 15 x 90mm

look for their S1031

Comment

I'll bring down my bearing support blocks and the assembled Z axis ballscrew assembly to see which can go with what I have.

I'm excited!!!

Comment

I'll bring down my bearing support blocks and the assembled Z axis ballscrew assembly to see which can go with what I have.

I'm excited!!!
                            erm... i think you better decide which one you'll use first.

ask for a quote online first, then go down and buy.

the ppl there would not be much help.

i deal with their girl there

Comment

Originally posted by flye View Post

Went to Lital Materials and bought some alu profiles today.

Price was $13/ piece which is 460mm long.

it actually cost cheaper than the raw aluminium bars i buy before!

of course alu profiles consist of lesser material than solid alu bars, but rigidity wise it's as good.

if i know earlier i would have used all profile to make my structure

Ok some good things about profiles:

1) they are much lighter.
                              2) they will cut to your exact length and the cut surface is clean and square cut (no need to do any more machining)
                              3) Surface is much nicer.
                              4) they come in metric sizes

i really recommend it to anyone who need to build their structures to use alu profiles. Save yourself a lot of troubles.

thanks for sharing.

XRB SR Lama
                              Robotis Bioloid
                              Robot Bear

Comment

Working...
                              X